Executioner's Anger seems to have 0 Effect.

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by Estred, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

I tested vs an Epic Training Dummy (with 100% Critical Rate vs this target).

With absolutely 0 AA spent in any tree I have 25% Hate Modifier. Potency isn't a factor as the value is static.
    Provoke shows a range of 16,101 to 18,637
    Provoke deals 120K to 137K Threat

With 10 Points spent in Executioner's Anger I have 10% more hate (35% total) and a 30% gain on Taunts.
    Provoke shows a range of 16,904 to 19,587
    Provoke deals 126K to 144K Threat

With 0 Points in Executioner's Anger but 5 Points in Enhance Taunts which grants 35% increase to the threat amount of Provoke.
    Provoke shows a range of 17,038 to 19,746
    Provoke deals 128K to 144K

With both 10 points in Executioner's Anger and 5 points in Enhance Taunts I should see a 10% Hate increase base in Hate Mod and a 65% Gain on Provoke iteself unless I am missing a mechanic of how these are calculated.
    - If they are Additive a 65% increase should mean I have over 26K minimum and 30K as a maximum.
    - If they are Multiplicative I should see a 30% increase and a 35% increase calculated separately.
    Provoke shows a range of 17,841 to 20,969
    Provoke deals 138K to 158K Threat.

So by spending 16 AA I normally would not spend I gained an average increase of 19,500 Threat per cast on Provoke. Now I don't know the Hate System in and out in terms of how TPS directly correlates to DPS I do know DPS factors more into Aggression than Taunts do.So my question is if the AA is working as intended, any my observation are off or is something up.

Also to any tanks, would this AA combination be worthwhile for a Warrior to take for aggro or is it wasted AA that would be better spent elsewhere. I personally think they can be spent elsewhere better.

-Edit: I really wish I had thought to rename the thread. Yes... it DOES have an effect, but not a very noticeable one for 10 AA.

-Edit 2: For the love of god can we get Belly Smash looked at, it's a waste of an AA for anything in that line since most targets that need debuffs can't be knocked down.
  2. Wulwyrlyn Active Member

Belly smash really needs looked at. I am kind of looking at the warrior tree as a great way to not spend so many points there, and to free up points for elsewhere. I strongly considered not even spending points to get the end line, heh.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

The only endlines that are very useful are Relentless Assault and Dragoon's Reflexes. I actually pulled enough to invest all I want into Dragon which is 64 total points. If one wants the SF lines though taking Arena Endurance isn't a bad thing so I just have those lines. I found it easy to pull points from all 3 trees.

Part lines worth mentioning are Executioner's Anger if it was noticable and Unshakable for the Phys-Mit boost.
  4. Wulwyrlyn Active Member

Haha no I mean experienced insight. I just mean the tree is so bad overall that I am tempted not to even go down that far, and to just get Dragoons...yeah, similar to what you did w/65 or so in it. Maybe once I get some gear again and have more strike through.
  5. Talathionwins Active Member

The Warrior line is the worst line in the game, it has so many bugs and barely helps one of the classes (Berserker) because 140% AOE auto does not help him.

Strength = Two-Hand Damage Line.
    Agility = AOE Damage Line.
    Stamina = Shield Damage+Defense Line.
    Wisdom = Two-Hand Defense/Stance Line.
    Intelligence = One-Handed and Dual Wield Damage/Defense Line.
  6. Kaberu New Member

You probably aren't factoring in everything properly... according to EQ2U you have a potency of about 259% and an ability mod of 1114. Your taunts are showing you base taunt, +259% potency, +1114 AB up to half, and the taunt modifiers, and I think the Strength modifier... although not in that order.

That 30% taunt mod is basically a +30% potency to taunts... so it's more like the difference of 259% and 289% but that's not including the Strength modifier if that applies.

Hate mod might not show in taunts as I think that is applied to the aggro tables and not to the combat arts directly. So your Provoke hitting for 140000 is actually generating 175000 in hate if you have a 25% hate mod... it just doesn't show that part.