Exchanging Shard Armor

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden, Apr 22, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

When I got the t1 shard armor, I got 6 pieces including robe, but not gloves. Since then I got a robe that is even better than the gloves I have and better than the t2 robe. I'd rather get the t2 gloves instead of the t2 robe from the set. But I don't have t1 gloves to trade in to make the t2 gloves. Can I use the t1 robe? Is there any way to get my shards back from the robe when I don't want to wear the t2 robe? I do want to end up with 5 pieces of t2 armor so that I get all the bonuses.
    What is this guy who hangs out with the shard merchants and is called an exchange something? He doesn't exchange shard armor. All he offers to do for me is exchange one piece of equipment I can't use for another piece with same properties but slightly different name.
  2. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

No , you can't get a refund or exchange them , get more shards and buy the new item.

He is there for characters who bought the 'alternative' T2 set of gear , but now want to upgrade their set to the T3 version from WoE , the T3 set only upgrades from one set type to the T3 , so they have to swap their T2 for that set...then upgrade.
  3. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

How did you get 6 pieces of T1 armor and not get gloves? There are only 6 pieces of T1 including gloves. T1 and T2 do not have bracers.
  4. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Mistell. I meant 5 pieces.
  5. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

wullailhuit wrote:
    I thought the exchange guy was just to exchange some old bucklers to make them into the new tower shield variety?
    Actually I do like the idea of the exchange guy being expanded to trade any peice of shard armor for a percentage of the shards needed to make it. Say half the shards required to craft it?
    BTW, this really isn't a crafting topic. More of an item topic considering that you can get shard armor from both crafting and NPC merchants with shards comming from quests and loot.