exageration

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by juliette06, Nov 16, 2017.

1. juliette06 Member

first of all sorry for the mistakes (i am french!!)
    my remark :when you are on kunark ascendensing quest (already very long.and time consuming)
    and that you get tothe KA quest : " a chosen weapon" at one moment in a dungeon you click on a coffre that you can't open...
    after checking on wiki the game says 'you need to have finished "'greenmist HQ timeline" to open the chest..
    and if you imagine the lenght of this "'greenmist HQ timeline"..
    i just not have the courage to start all thèses " old quests" just to be able to open a chest to allow you to go on the game
    stop! if you do all theses quests u are a passionate gamer (and i am not ..at this point i mean!)
  2. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

You don't actually have to do the greenmist HQ to progress the sig quest. If you choose not to do it you will not be able to use the proc on the weapon. With the new xpack right around the corner the proc honestly does not matter at this point.

If you can't open the coffin you probably missed a spider or two in that room. It's been awhile since I did the KA sig line but fairly sure you have to kill all the spiders to be able to pop the coffin open.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

It is an easy questline. The only tru reason not to do it is laziness or being unwilling to. You don't want to greenmist? Then don't.
  4. Ursa Minor Well-Known Member

Language barrier is probably not helping, sounds like 2 separate issues. You are likely right about the coffin, to get the mirror. However, you need the Greenmist HQ to open the chest at the end of the instance, to get the weapon recipe. If you haven't done Greenmist, or used the KA vendor book, you can't open the chest. One character on the account has to have done Greenmist to complete the signature line; that character can then buy the "shortcut" books in Nye'Caelona for alts on the account.
    Semperfifofum likes this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Greenmist HQ takes about 2 hours. *shrug*
  6. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

I may have used kunark expert guide book on my alts then. Don't really recall as it's been awhile, just know I have alts that did sig quest without doing greenmist.
  7. juliette06 Member

thanks all for your answers
    in fact i have trusted this answer:
    "Greenmist HQ takes about 2 hours. *shrug* "
    and he was right ..two and half hour later i finished this greemist quest:)
    EQ is a great game. but very time consuming
  8. Edelphia Well-Known Member

KA is very time consuming all the way around with all the prerequisites for the questline and epic 2.0. I'm hoping the next one will be much more solo friendly also. Good luck in your adventure! ;)
  9. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Yes the KA timeline is especially time consuming and complex. The timeline for Tranquil Sea/Phantom Sea was less dependent on other content. But at this time, we have received some permanent character boosts such as the Epic quest 2.0 and another Epic quest for crafting. I do remember other people saying a few years ago things like "Please can we have something involved and complex like Kunark again?" There is a lot of history already that most people have played. And Kunark was perhaps the most successful and beloved by the fans of the game, with Kingdom of Sky maybe second.

This is one of the oldest MMO series so it is very traditional, with history, and many mysteries that not everyone has played or discovered. It really is a large world, there is no other way to describe it. When I think about how much I know about Norrath, which is a completely made-up / constructed place, it's pretty amazing. I mean, it's not going to help me in real life at all. LOL Except it's a great way to relax and forget the real world for a while.