EVIL Rules

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Greykemp, Apr 30, 2017.

1. Greykemp New Member

In all Classes it appears if you want to be a BA solo player you need to go Evil. It's not that you Can't play a good guy and solo, it's just that it's not the walk over that the Shadow Knights, Necros, etc get. Is the new assumption that Evil is stronger than Good?
  2. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

I take it you don't read into aa's that much
  3. Greykemp New Member

AA? Sorry, too much a newbie. Been reading all those posts on how to solo...
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Don't read. Do. What works for one person may not work for another. Find your OWN path to power and glory, Padawan. Seek your goals and your own way to them! Others can guide you, but do what feels best for you. They cant play your toon for you, you must. And you should have fun doing it... or why else play?
    Heijo likes this.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

any class can solo !!

some faster than others :) that's all

for exemple a templar won't die .. but won't kill either :p
    Scrappyz likes this.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

You are just incorrect in your assumption.

Almost all of my characters are good-aligned and all of them solo just dandy. My four favorite characters to solo with are actually good aligned (mystic, ranger, warlock and berserker*). Could have something to do with them being four of my oldest characters, so I'm most used to how to solo with them, but they certainly don't suck just because they are "good".

I also solo just fine with my pally, warden & fury. Even my templar can solo, though kills slower than some of my others, I really need to look at her gear/aa for post 95. The one I dislike soloing with most? Defiler (evil only class btw). It's better soloing with her than it was during the original Kunark/Sentinal's Fate era but still not my favorite.

*yes I do know 3 of the 4 I listed are neutral classes though m ine are good aligned due to race, but the OP assumption is still incorrect
    Heijo likes this.
  7. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

When you last time checked DPS ladder?
    Top trio is Conjuror/BeastLord/Ranger - hint: conjuror good only (that why I do not have this alt yet)
  8. gaymer77 Active Member

I fail to see how this could be true. There are 1 of each type of class that is locked into a good/evil alignment (hopefully they'll change that soon). You can make just about any class (or race with betrayal) into good or evil. I smell a dirty troll here.
  9. Greykemp New Member

No troll, just a confused newbie o_O
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

But if you're confused but still wanna play an easy to solo class from queynos, take conjuror or coercer or berserker or warden/mystic or bruiser/monk.

They are all qick soloers and quite safe. As said, all classes can solo but some are more painfull, like defiler. But if u can take a merc, then everything becomes way easier
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Playing coercer of Quenos?!?!? This is worst blasphemy I ever heard :( what is an insult :( where world comes to...
  12. Melt Actually plays the game

Uw0t
  13. Earar Well-Known Member

World changes ... change with it .

Or die :p
  14. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

yeah FP DE BL is FTW :D
  15. Tooloose Active Member

My philosophy is getting maximum output through minimal input or simply put... one shot everything. If you can't do that, get better or bring someone who can.

The best classes for it aren't always the best at soloing, but that's the tradeoff. Find me an end game tank who can outparse an end game beastlord who are both worth their salt and I'll show you nude pictures of the devs.