evil character go to good prestige house ?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Geroblue, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I figured out how to not wind up in Qeynos.

Evil character does a visit to the good Isle of Refuge, and puts an evil dojo portal back to Freeport. No visitors, so good characters don't wind up in Freeport and get killed.

But when I try to find the good prestige house in the portal list, not there.

Here is what I did to try and acess:

Right clock on portal and select visit.

Select Isle of Refuge.

Look down the list, I don't see the good character's Isle of Refuge anywhere. That character gave the evil character trustee status.

Nowhere is that particular prestige house shown.

So is it possible to go there for the evil character ? Or is it a block situation ?

Thanks.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. elflover Well-Known Member

If the character is good and home is in Qeynos you need to use the portal in Qeynos to find it. Same goes for if its evil, except have to go to Freeport. Only way to avoid going to the portals from cities is to 1. Give trustee manually in the house access list and use a guild hall housing portal 2. Place a prestige housing portal from that character in another characters house to give direct access (from the housing page and click the little blueish door to claim a portal it will go into inventory and then you can place it)
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  3. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Okay, I can use shared bank, they are on the same account, to pass the prestige portal to the evil character.

Thanks !
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I don't think you can do that. I believe the portal has to be placed by the person that owns the house the portal goes to and then the portal can be moved by anybody with trustee access to the house the portal is placed in.
    Soara2, Breanna and Rhodris like this.
  5. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Can't even try it... same server, but different accounts. Oh well.

Power flickers due to thunderstorms. I have my computer and monitor on an uninterruptible power supply. But I may have to log out anyway.
    Soara2, Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  6. Breanna Well-Known Member

Gero I may be misunderstanding you but..... If you can't get enter the house if you are trying to enter from like Qeynos or Freeport. Not all the owners of all the houses are listed when you choose visit, you may have to type their name into the search bar and then it will show up. But again I may be misunderstanding what you are trying to say. The housing portal things should work if you have one placed in your house anyone should be able to click on it and go to that location.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn't know it only showed a few. I'll try typing in the character name of the owner. The other two do show in the listing for the other prestige houses.

The account of the owner character is all access currently. I had forgotten about mail, and I'll try emailing it to the other character.

If I can get the Refuge portal to the evil character, the evil character has a portal in character inventory so can place that in the Refuge prestige house. That will enable the character a trip back to Freeport, and not have to run for it in Qeynos.
    Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  8. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Sigh. No clue what you are doing.
    K so my fury has a house.

My sk wants to visit.

My fury places the house portal in my sks home.

My sk goes home and clicks my fury's portal

Or

My fury has a house. She publishes it.

My sk hits eq2 button, housing and leaderboard and clicks my fury's house and visit button. This works from most zones.

Or
    My fury has a house. My sk goes to the guild hall, clicks on the guild housing portal and selects my fury's house.

These are the options
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  9. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I wanted to put a prestige house portal in my evil character's dojo. But the portal is no trade.

Tired and I forgot to search the list of prestige homes from the Freeport portal and see if I ccan reach it that way. I can then place a portal back to the dojo, if I want to.

I'm a bit confused as well.
    Cyrrena, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  10. elflover Well-Known Member

The easiest way to place your no trade portal in another characters house..use a guild hall housing travel portal. It will give you a list of houses that belong to you and any that you were placed trustee as (has to be a manual type in house access even if its same account). If you have many that you are given trustee to you will have to type home owners name in the search.
    Finora, Cyrrena and Soara2 like this.
  11. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Will post a video after work
    Cyrrena and Breanna like this.
  12. Marae Well-Known Member

The easiest (and safest) way to get your good character's portal to your evil character's house is to have your evil character set up a portal between their prestige home in Freeport and their inn room in Gorowyn, which is a safe area for everybody. Take your good character to Gorowyn, visit your evil character there, use the portal to their prestige home and place your own portal.

You can do the same in the opposite direction, by connecting an inn room in either Kelethin or New Halas, both of which are safe* for everyone, with the good character's prestige home.

I have all of my characters' (on two accounts, no less!) homes connected in some way or another via various prestige home portals strategically placed. I can get from almost anywhere to almost anywhere else on almost anyone without ever having to "visit."

Nice ones to have to complete the grid are the Grand Hall in Thurgadin (a prestige home), and a house of some sort in Maj'Dul (the large ones are very nice) - these are inn rooms but can connect via prestige homes. You do need faction with one of the courts to buy a house in Maj'Dul. A nice convenience: Whether you own a house there or not, you can zone to any of your own homes from both Thurgadin and Maj'Dul!

One more point of interest: If you really want to, you *can* buy a prestige home from the opposite faction's portal, so your good character can waltz right out into Freeport without having to go through the sewers - or their evil house guests can exit directly to safe territory. And vice versa, of course.

*Exception: The highest platform in Kelethin, where the palace is, is NOT safe for evil characters, but is easily avoided.
    Talendil, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I'll try some of those options, but today I have a bunch of other things to do like go buy groceries.

Thank you for the help.
    Breanna, Soara2 and Cyrrena like this.
  14. Soara2 Well-Known Member