Evil Aligned Deity for Illusionist

Discussion in 'Mages' started by NyteRose, Jan 12, 2017.

1. NyteRose Member

Hello,

I'm seeking info/opinions on a deity choice for my evil-aligned ratonga illusionist. I've poked around the forums and internet but all the info I find is very outdated. I heard from a guild mate the deity system changed in ToT. Should my character remain agnostic or follow a god/goddess at all?
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

The system changed, but I still think it's worth it just for the boosts from the deity pet. It's not a lot, but every little bit counts.
    Scrappyz and Prissetta like this.
  3. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

The deity system didn't change per say, just a new feature was added. You gain Tithe points endlessly by gaining exp, 250k exp = 1 Tithe point, and you can have a max of 10 at any one time before you need to spend them. The points can be used for the three skills in the middle, CB, Pot, and Sta, or they can be used for the abilities. If you're good, you can get the good/neutral abilities, if evil the evil/neutral. The only benefit of picking on deity over another in regards to the new system, is a discount of 2 points on that deity's ability.

I have Anashti Sul on my Illy mainly from back in the day the DC/Flurry ability was pretty good(for me personally, others may disagree). However, the abilities from the altar haven't really been relevant for a while(again, some may disagree on some abilities), so it doesn't really matter what deity one chooses :)
  4. NyteRose Member

Thank you both for the replies.

@Scrappyz, I was actually considering Anashti Sul for both my illy and my dark elven necro since the Forgotten Goddess is my second favorite lore deity next to Tunare, The Mother of All whom I always pick for my druid to follow. However I wish Veeshan could be worshiped as a deity too. :)
    Scrappyz likes this.
  5. Udonn Active Member

Scrappyz, how did you make those tag lines, or whatever you call them. The ones with your name, class, etc. Been gone 2 years, came back in August. I'd like to make one of those myself.d
  6. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Look yourself up on EQ2u and click on get my sig on the bottom of page
  7. Alissya New Member

my illy uses Anashti Sul
  8. Udonn Active Member

Sol Ro here.

[IMG]
  9. Jrox Well-Known Member

Sol Ro, but in all honesty I am a creature of habit and have used Sol Ro for years... Too lazy to change so abilities are cheaper rofl...

Just sayin...