Everyone gear your Paladins, no other tank can hold agro.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Montag, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Montag Well-Known Member

And even pallies losing agro sometimes.

This can't be intentional when 12k pot berserkers cant hold agro AT ALL, something is wrong.
    Arclite, Wurm and Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr like this.
  2. Brightlyz Active Member

3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Ouch! Ouchies! Triple ouchies! If tanks cant hold agro, I'm outta job!
  4. Cragfire Well-Known Member

Woot Paladin love! But yeah, no, this isn't a good thing if tanks can't hold agro.
  5. Razadazar New Member

Tanks have not been holding agro well for a year now and this has not been addressed at all by the dev team. Started last xpac when tanks had to start swapping out Mitigation gear for potency gear . Guess it has gotten worse this xpac with the dps potency spike.
  6. Shiloh Member

Agree totally with you Montag, something is very fishy with tank-aggro. Its just not there!!
    Personally I had no problem at all last expac Razadazar, but now in KA in similar gear and completed sig.line, got the eth weap etc, its near to impossible...its just crazy right now.
  7. Satyr Well-Known Member

Get good.
    Dithmir, Trifonicx, Demoneque and 2 others like this.
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Suggest you add some details for them how to get "good". That's like telling a cancer patient "Get well". As the old saying goes: "If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem".

If you do the "Day One of Tanking Class" suggestions... well... I wont like to do my action then...
    Xillean, Steelviper, Ahlana and 4 others like this.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

I'd suggest scouts check out the new poisons for deaggro (unless BL haha oops), and Chanters start Sever Hate speccing again.

Troubs using AV is good too.

But yeah tank aggro seems a bit broken at the moment.
    Kittybock and Montag like this.
  10. Satyr Well-Known Member

The only change is that hate is relevant again and people need to stop rolling their face across their keyboards and think about group class composition, buffs, long CD abilities etc. Hate shouldn't be guaranteed.
    Kittybock, Rock79 and Naneeje like this.
  11. Arclite Well-Known Member

There is a clear disparity between tank classes in terms of dps: tps. Hate is always relevant and to say that group composition, buffs etc is the issue here, then that is obvious and not the current problem. The stats with respect to aggro control is completely mismatched.
  12. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I, with any luck, be grouping with my guild tonight. We have some decently geared tanks and I am their main AoE (other than our berserker MT), so ill let you know how it goes.
  13. Sounson Active Member

Just fix your crit bonus. Problem solved, tanks.
    Gninja likes this.
  14. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Hard to fix my Crit Bonus as a Bruiser when our prestige conversion got fu**ed over. I could hold agro just fine last xpac and even with people being stupid with DPS, I didn't have much of a problem. However, outside of raid, I can't hold agro for ****. Maintained TPS with just using taunts and DPS doesn't cut it and just about everything is immune to force target. Positionals only work for a few seconds as I can't maintain the threat to stay on top.

With the change to conversions and increase to potency, you have scouts and mages capping Crit Bonus and 15k+ Potency against tanks that are at 2k CB and 9k Potency. I was capping CB before KA launched, now I am barely over 2k CB.

Also, why did they revert back to NOT having weapons skills on Tank Gear.
  15. Xerikton Active Member

what is your resolve as it does affect taunts.
  16. Alway Active Member

uhm tank better? i have no issue on my monk?
    Kittybock likes this.
  17. Arclite Well-Known Member

Pull raid mobs as a tank and then come back and post here. Even with 3.5k crit bonus/12k potency self buffed, it makes no difference to dps.and hence threat generation. The difference between dps classes and tanks is immense currently. As said above, no weapon skills on tank gear either. Not sure what DBG are doing at the moment. The prestige tree conversion is just broken. Makes tanking a chore and not fun at the moment.
  18. Anoxia Member

If anyone here says "tank better" please show us your character sheets and armor. You know, suggestions? Called helping
  19. Brightlyz Active Member

Yeah like im ripping before i even start any kind of actual dps. It isnt controllable even a little atm, i dont care how good you think you are. Any kind of dps and the mob wont come off me (unless paladin) .
  20. Ashandra Well-Known Member

Tank agro needs to be tinkered with it's not working . All the grps I am doing right now the t1 dps is ripping agro from the tank It's hard enough finding tanks with out this.