Everquest Worlds on a PC?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Elliora, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Elliora New Member

I really want to be able to enjoy the EQworlds app. I cannot afford to buy a smartphone/tablet etc just to do so because I am swamped in medical bills. Is there any way I can use it on my windows PC? I tried to google it but I am not sure what web sites are even safe to use :(
  2. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

There are ways you can emulate an android phone on your windows machine. I did read an article about that a few days ago. It's not the same as having an actual android device but some applications are working fine.

I don't know if it is supported because it'll be some kind of virtualiziation. Perhaps a Mod/Dev/CSR can give a thumbs up or thumbs down.

An example would be bluestacks for windows.

http://www.bluestacks.com/

To CSR/DEV/MOD: If it is inappropiate, please remove my post.

Cheers

Ang
  3. Elliora New Member

I saw that one as well in my search....but like you I have no idea if it is a "safe" or even legal thing to use :(
  4. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

from the point of secure, it should be ok to use. same as using your pc.

from the point of "ok with SOE" we need some feedback from official site.
  5. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

A little update. I tried bluestacks and EQ Worlds.

You can forget using it with bluestacks right now. many quests need you to use the phone camera to "scan" images to be completed. The others require you to have a facebook/twitter account.

So I'll remove this from my computer after finishing this post.

Cheers
    Ang
  6. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

While technical and billing support cannot alter the design of the game, I wanted you to know that I have forwarded your concerns to the appropriate game team. Unfortunately, I cannot say whether or not this will be changed in the future, but I wanted to thank you for providing feedback on this.