EverQuest II Recruit-A-Friend Program

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Feb 11, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-Switcher2k Guest

You've probably figured this out by now, but for others that might be seeing this, it will appear as if you are only getting double xp if you have vitality. Bonuses are applied to the base xp. i.e. they are additive and not multiplicative.
    For example, say a creature is worth 5 xp...
    • Not grouped and kill monster (no vitality, no raf) = 5xp.
    • Not grouped and kill monster (100% vitality bonus) = 5xp +5xp vitality bonus = 10xp.
    • Group with recruit (no vitality, 200% raf bonus) = 5xp + 10xp raf bonus = 15x (3x the base xp)
    • Group with recruid (100% vitality, 200% raf bonus) = 5xp + 5xp vitality bonus + 10xp raf bonus = 20xp (4x base)
    Notice that if you have vitality and are getting 10xp, then group with friend and still have vitality and are getting 20xp, it appears as though you are only doubling your xp. If you now chug a potion that gives you 20% xp bonus, you will only get 20% of 5xp = 1xp bonus, and not 20% of 20xp. The bonuses apply to the base value.
    Hope this clears things up.
  2. ARCHIVED-Akairs Guest

How long is the XP bonus for? Do we need to grind to 90 in a month or can we enjoy our time???
  3. ARCHIVED-Syraxis Guest

In case anyone stumbles on this like I did.

I had the same issue with the 'invitation sent' being stuck. I contacted tech support and they told me to have my friend make a new account and make sure it changes to 'trying the game'. Then they will transfer the subscription time and her character over.
  4. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Do the two bonuses still end at 90 days? There is nowhere on the Recruit-A-Friend page that states this and I didn't find out until someone mentioned it in the game. If this is the case, then this needs to be put somewhere, even if it's in tiny legal print.
  5. ARCHIVED-retro_guy Guest

Kiara wrote:
    How long is a full billing cycle?
    A month??
  6. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

retro_guy wrote:
    In general, the billing cycle is the length of the subscription. If a subscription is a month, then the billing cycle is a month. If the subscription is 3, 6, or 12 months, then the billing cycle is accordingly 3, 6, or 12 months.
  7. ARCHIVED-Nrgy Guest

Switcher2k wrote:
    I believe the Vitality bonus is 200% not 100%
    • Not grouped and kill monster (no vitality, no RAF) = 5 XP.
    • Not grouped and kill monster (200% vitality bonus) = 5 XP +10 XP vitality bonus = 15 XP
    • Group with recruit (no vitality, 200% RAF bonus) = 5 XP + 10 XP RAF bonus = 15x (3x the base XP)
    • Group with recruit (200% vitality, 200% RAF bonus) = 5 XP + 10 XP vitality bonus + 10 XP RAF bonus = 20xp (4x base)
    • Grouped with recruit also receive a 10% additive bonus which is passive
    • Grouped and Mentored to recruits level 10% bonus additive bonus which is active only when mentored
    • Grouped and Mentored to recruits level 10% bonus while on RAF mount (reward for first paid month of recruit as claim reward to recruiter)
    • RAF uses a XP Pot (veteran reward for 3, 6, 12 months) or from the Marketplace - veteran pots = 50%, 77%, 110% XP
    • IF logged in on Server Double XP time +100%
    In total assuming grouped, mentored and mounted with RAF with full vitality and assuming a mob rewards 100 XP (For easier math):
    • Base 100% - 100 XP
    • + Vitality 200% - 200 XP
    • + RAF 200% - 200 XP
    • + Mentored 10% - 10 XP
    • + Mount 10% - 10 XP
    • + Grouped +10% - 10 XP
    • + Double XP Weekend 100% - 100 XP
    • + Vet Pot 110% - 110 XP
    • ======= 740% ==================== 740 XP
    So that mob which is worth 5 XP in this situation will grant 37 XP.
  8. ARCHIVED-mrswebster9847 Guest

My invitation that was just sent on 2-20-11 already says "Ineligible for reward", any ideas why that could be? Only thing I can think of is that I was in the process of canceling station access, which I was told I have to cancel my subscription, let the sub run out, and then resubscribe with the basic sub. I've resubscribed and checked the invitation again and it still says ineligible. The website says "Receive one (1) month of free EverQuest II gameplay time (to be added at the end of your then-current subscription) per new account invitee (up to a limit of twenty (20) months) who converts to a paying subscriber within thirty (30) days of the conclusion of that friend's trial period." which should mean that as long as the trial account converts by 4-3-11 I would get the bonuses. So could my account becoming inactive have cause the invitation to not work properly?

Also, is it possible to send a copy of DoV to a trial account as a gift using station cash? Would the trial account still get a free 30 day subscription for being a new account? If this is possible, how would I go about sending the gift because the expansion does not show up in my marketplace window, I'm assuming because I already have it on my account. However, I do see it listed in the marketplace on my character select screen, but it does not give me the option to send it as a gift. It just says "Gifting is enabled only for players with an active membership" which I have. Or is there some way to transfer station cash directly to a trial account?
  9. ARCHIVED-Trensharo Guest

Yea I invited a friend to trial and played with him for a couple days. But the confusion around all of this just stinks. They need to do a Living Legacy promotion or something.
    I can't play with anyone Trialing the game limited to RoK expansion when it's possible to level to 80+ in a night grinding MOBs.
  10. ARCHIVED-Nrgy Guest

Trenshero@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    The Trial / RAF entitlements expand as the game expands, it would seem.
    Prior to DOV's release trial accounts were entitled to TSO/Kunark content and below. When DOV released all trail accounts, past, present and future, are now entitled to SF content and below.
    Also, the RAF account entitlements only pretain to playable content, not mechanics or items tradable from zones unavailable to the RAF, assuming RAF is an active paid account and not a true trial, which can not trade items or use the broker.
  11. ARCHIVED-LilNut Guest

kind of an old topic but i read through it and didnt get any clarification on my confusion.
    recently we had a double xp weekend, and i chrono mentored a 90 down to 15, grouped with my lvl 13 alt (slider at 100% aa) and went to blackburrow. hovering over his xp bonuses, it read "server bonus: 100% ; item bonuses 110%".
    i headed down to the heroics, pulled the first room and recieved 5 or so aa's on my lvl 13 toon. i pulled the next room and received another 7 aa's on the lvl 13 toon. the third room awarded me another 7 or so. i headed deeper, pulled the room with the cave shimmers, down deeper to the spider area and all the way to the brewery. literally, in about 5 mintues of pulls, my lvl 13 toon had about 40 aa's.
    yesterday, i activated an raf account.
    now, im a little confused, because i thought you didnt receive any bonus xp for inviter and invitee until the raf account was converted to a paid subscription. yet, i mentored the first toon i created on the new account, and hovering over the xp bonus area read "mentor bonus: 10% ; recruit-a-friend bonus: 10% ; recruit-a-friend 200%".
    also, i thought i only had to group with the raf toon. i thought i could just chrono mentor the toon down to 15 or so and receive the bonus'. the "recruit-a-friend 200%" only appears if i mentor the toon.
    those confusions aside, while mentoring this raf toon, his raf bonus of 200% should come close to the server/item bonus of the dbl xp i was receiving over the weekend. yet iv pulled all the same heroics in blackburrow three times over and my lvl 13 toon only has 16 aa's. his slider is at 100% aa, and his bonus xp is actually 10% higher than what i was receiving over the weekend.
    i am hoping someone with vast raf experience could help clarify this confusion.
  12. ARCHIVED-Aethn Guest

RAF accounts give the 200% bonus the second you group with them, or the idea of bonus EXP to catch them up to you're level would be pointless.
    The other bonuses like free mounts and gametime come AFTER they pay one month on the RAF account. Those bonuses apply a few hours up to one day after they activate the account as a paid account.
    Also getting 7 AA's for pulling one room in Blackburrow? Are you 100% sure this actually happened, because that just does not happen, and was likely a bug you found. I have never pulled one rom with a dozen mobs in it and earend 7 AA's, no matter how much stacked EXP bonuses I had in the entire 7+ years ive played this game.
  13. ARCHIVED-LilNut Guest

Persyphony@Antonia Bayle wrote:
  14. ARCHIVED-UnseenTC Guest

Persyphony@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    With XP potions and RAF? It absolutely happens, I've done it many times.
  15. ARCHIVED-LilNut Guest

well i was doing it just with server dbl xp and pot.
    any reason you can think of why it ISNT happening now with my raf account? only thing i can think of is the account isnt converted to paid yet and is only saying it has a 200% bonus but really doesnt.
    any clarification?
  16. ARCHIVED-UnseenTC Guest

LilNut wrote:
    Your RAF account character needs to be able to get XP, maybe that's your problem.
  17. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

The reason you only get the RAF bonus if you mentor down to the level of the character is supposedly to stop people making RAF accounts then sitting those level 2-3 toons at the entrance of dungeons / instances in current level 90 content and getting the bonus to XP there.
  18. ARCHIVED-LilNut Guest

Kryvak@Everfrost wrote:
    did you actually read my op? he is getting xp, hence the levels, the 16 aa's....
    what he isnt getting is the same massive amount of aa's that my other, non raf alts were getting grouped with the same lvl 90 toon, slider set at 100% aa and roughly the same xp bonus total.
    only thing coming to mind atm is that for some reason raf bonus xp isnt converted to aa. is that possible?
    id love for a red name to actually show up and explain this to me.
  19. ARCHIVED-LilNut Guest

Wullailduo@Splitpaw wrote:
    i understand this, and i thought they had implemented a proximity rule to get the 200% bonus, not a "mentor only" rule.
    guess i was wrong. thats not a big deal tho, just something i wanted clarified. my real concern is why the same total bonus xp % is NOT equalling the same rate of aa's when the slider is at 100% aa.
  20. ARCHIVED-LilNut Guest

nevermind. i believe i figured out the difference.