EverQuest II Producer's Letter April 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Apr 5, 2022.

1. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Yes no new things but reassurance that things are working as planned and it is nice to have that. :) Also I like that we have new things every month and that they try to adress every play style :) I see a lot more communication from developers lately ( even though people still find things to complain about) ! Complaining about things still means people love the game and they want to play it :)
    Siren, Schmetterling and Twyla like this.
  2. krokous Member

Please, what communication? They plan for already 3 months to realease new TLE and now 1 month from realease still zero information. They have (yes they do, despite they never promote it in any way) running TLE PvP server, which is neglected, there is no communication about it and it wasnt ever mentioned in any plans. Is that any sort of communication?
    Ayodi likes this.
  3. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Maybe they do not have any plans at the moment for the TLE PvP server ? I know I am not interested ...:p
    Twyla likes this.
  4. girney Active Member

there was no mention of a new solo zone in the letter. where have you seen info on a new solo zone?
  5. DENSER Well-Known Member

each heroic has his solo, even if it is not quoted it should be the case
  6. Bramdar Active Member

The GU is up on the Beta server right now, and it includes a Solo instance. See Chrol's post in the Beta forums: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/merchants-den.604176/

I haven't had a chance to try the beta yet, so I didn't see this info initially.
  7. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I play in both PvE and PvP.
    If people voice their concerns about one or the other, it would be nice if people would not dismiss such concerns or requests
    just because they do not enjoy that playstyle.
    Siren, Twyla and Breanna like this.
  8. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

You are right and I totally agree that people should play the game the way they want ! The problem is that people who play some aspects of the game are very vocal and they think that if their needs are not addressed every time the game is failing ! I think it is important to point this out ! :)
  9. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Krocous , it might be, there are no specific plans in place yet as to when the next expansion will be released,
    and the first 2 years all information we had on releases on Kaladim was it will happen every 4 months with half way every 2 months after a expansion.
    We did not get a road map for the future until we got to the last 8 months or so.

Alyndrys, it can get frustrating not to know what is going on, and people get a little inpatient.
    The first PvP TLE server Deathtoll, was ignored so long about problems of the gameplay that lots of people quit,
    I know you don't care, but we had problems with the mechanics that had nothing to do with PvP.
    I remember us on Kaladim making similar comments as Krocous does now.

The fans of PvP had to wait for years before they got another server, so give them a break.
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  10. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Complaining about things still means people love the game and they want to play it :)
    Ayodi, Schmetterling and Twyla like this.
  11. Kethryl Active Member

What are the chances the itemization team can address some of the issues that have plagued us since the VoV beta before they get wrapped up in the next expansion?

- Handcraft/mastercraft VoV gear is all "tank stats", including cloth gear with block, and is all lore, so you can only wear one piece of jewelery. Why isn't there any handcraft/mastercraft gear with scout, caster, or healer stats?

- Crafting VoV adorns and other gear has ridiculously high material cost

- Various cases of VoV gear stats not being any better than previous expansions

None of these are new issues, and were reported not only during the VoV beta, but there are still threads about them today in the bug report forums and have been reported over and over again in /feedback.

While we have continued to ask the tradeskill dev to help us, she keeps deferring to itemization, and we've heard absolutely nothing from them about these issues. The VoV beta was what, 6 months ago? Can we please focus on fixing one expansion at a time?
    Ayodi and Twyla like this.
  12. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

True, there are far fewer complaints than there used to be.

Less people complaining are because they left because they got tired of being ignored and the direction the game has taken.
    You can put a positive spin on that if you want to, wont change the reality of what's really going on.
    Riverbear and Ayodi like this.
  13. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

More likely they are complaining on the Discord!
    Riverbear likes this.
  14. Riverbear Active Member

How about 2023: the year we fix the top 1,200 features of EQ2 that do not do what players are told they do?
    Best wishes,
    Geroblue and Ayodi like this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I was wondering if we ever will get the heritage rewards for Desteny of Valious , for all characters on any servers on one account.
    Breanna likes this.
  16. Zenji Well-Known Member

Varsoon FAQ soon soon or Soon™ ?
    Almost, Liliun, Greven Il'vec and 2 others like this.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

not soon enough Zenji
  18. Rhoks Active Member

1 week prior to launch day soon
    Greven Il'vec likes this.
  19. Greven Il'vec New Member

Ya just tell us already???
    Siren and Rhoks like this.
  20. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

As magical as Disney!