Everquest II: Age of Discovery

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Galithdor, Jul 7, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Well, we know the expansion name, and some of it's features, so I guess it's speculation time

Features we know:

Beastlord class
    Create your own dungeon
    Crafter Apprentices
    Reforging
    Mercenaries
    AA Cap Increase

The expansion will release in November...woo!
  2. ARCHIVED-lollipop Guest

Galithdor wrote:
    WoW Nov seems a little early. But as screwed as this xpac is maybe they thought best just to get it out fast and do it right..maybe
  3. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

I'm actually enjoying this Expac, aside from the itemization being...odd, to be nice

But I'm gonna assume that they have been working on this for quite some time, and this has the possibility of being a "redemption" expansion, for those that aren't content...with the content that we got with the last expac

The features alone have me getting excited, as on paper, they sound exciting, I'll have to try them first to actually get an opinion passed the on paper opinion though
  4. ARCHIVED-digitalbandit Guest

So wait... AA increase, when we JUST had one, and no level increase? Unless they plan on releasing another one in Feb or something, this saddens me HUGELY.
  5. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

I don't think that with itemization the way it is right now...we'd really WANT a level increase...

Unless levels really matter that much? Sure, it's skill upgrades, but AAs can do that as well...
  6. ARCHIVED-Operation Guest

digitalbandit wrote:
    maybe the fact they don't have to do 10 levels of new abilities cor 24 erm 25 classes is the reason they can get it out so fast after velios. little annoyed though ihave to be honest because it feels like now they have given up on making velious a great xpac by FIXING ITEMIZATION !!!!!!
  7. ARCHIVED-InsaneChaosMarine Guest

Will this expansion be free... ?
  8. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Maybe they'll fix it with this expac, or fix it with the upcoming update, I dunno...but the Itemization is bad, which is a fact, and ruined the expac for some...

And yeah, having to make more abilities for 25 classes is insane...the fact that we are getting a new class pretty much says that there'd be no cap increase...could you imagine the hell they'd have to go through to make 100 levels of spells for 1 class? :p
  9. ARCHIVED-Nolrog Guest

Talathion@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    Only to the people who attended FF.
  10. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Nolrog wrote:
    Talathion just loves trolling, but it's all in good fun...I hope :p
  11. ARCHIVED-mardious Guest

its not new really its dov part 2 that they talked about when dov came out
  12. ARCHIVED-Griffinhart Guest

Jedediah@Permafrost wrote:
    No, it's not. They announced a while ago that there will be no DoV part 2. Instead, they will be releasing all future DoV content for free to all DoV owners through several GUs.
    Personally, I have no problems with Mercs. I think they can be good. I'm not a beastlord fan though, and I worry that they may be adding something game breaking here.
    I have no idea what to make of this design a dungeon thing. Hopefully there will be a lot more info on this soon. Itemization, Bosses, who can access player made dungeons, It's hard to see how something like this can work in an MMO.
  13. ARCHIVED-ZUES Guest

WTB Planes of Power and level 100. Time flagging anybody?
    Beastlords and Mercs FTW!!
  14. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

Griffinhart wrote:
    Yeah, I don't have problems with Mercs, and if they lighten BLs up a bit from EQ1, they wouldn't be as game breaking.

The dungeon creation is what has my focus right now, it can be a good feature, or it can be bad, depending on how it's handled
  15. ARCHIVED-Nadia_EQ2 Guest

16. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

Galithdor wrote:
    I see what you did there!!
  17. ARCHIVED-Zarulm Guest

With beastlord and mercs coming it sounds fun to possibly return for that.
    But the reforging just gives me the feeling that the devs are too lazy to fix their own broken itemization and just want to give us players the job instead.
  18. ARCHIVED-Iad Guest

Xethren@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    They're doing both.
  19. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

darwich wrote:
    Yup! I love the English language, so welcoming of puns!

And yeah, they're working on the itemization AND adding reforging, seems fine to me
  20. ARCHIVED-Thrads Guest

They stated at FF they're redoing itemization for EVERY item in the game from 20-90. Also, this expansion is supposed to wrap up Age's End, so I imagine we'll see the rest of Velious. Don't despair, if it's Velious then a large amount of the art assets are complete, which shortens the development cycle immensely.