EverQuest II - 10 Suggestions:

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Araina Arrowney, May 17, 2021.

1. Araina Arrowney Araina Arrowney

10 Suggestions for EverQuest II:

Suggestion #1: Who here would be generally amenable to the notion of a buff or – even better – a passive ability obtained through, say, an AA line or a special quest, that allows you to extend the radius of your character’s linear facility, with respect to harvesting ?s and resources, opening chests and doors, operating levers and other machinery, etc.
    I don’t know about anyone else, but I would gladly invest ten AA points if it doubled the distance I was able to collect ?s from.The “Too Far Away” notice seems to pop up at frustratingly and seemingly unreasonably short distances at times.

Suggestion #2: There should be a way to flag and/or sort collection quests in your quest journal by quests that contain an Heirloom and/or No Trade item.

Suggestion #3: There should be a way to flag and/or sort collection items in the broker window by whether you still need the item for a collection or not. Now, admittedly, there is a reason why, when it comes to coding, it might be problematic to implement these two collectables suggestions. It’s possible that it might cause significant lag when scrolling through the market for needed collection items. But it’s nevertheless absolutely doable.

Suggestion #4: There should be a way to sort items in the broker window by stat. This was, if I’m not mistaken, a key aspect of the search mechanism in the Bazaar when it was first introduced in EQ1’s Luclin expansion.

Suggestion #5: There should be a Mount selection in the Class section of the Advanced Search option for the Broker window, as well as corresponding selections for Barding, Saddle, Reins, etc. in the Slot section.

Suggestion #6: Finally, there should be some sort of window or menu that grants a player access to the game’s entire icon collection. Importantly, there should be a separate pull-down menu granting players the ability to not only choose from amongst the entire immense volume of icons used in EQ2, but also select from amongst the various icon background colours. Having access to EQ2’s whole icon library and the ability to set custom icon background colours for hotkeys would make atleast one key aspect of the creation of macros immensely simplified, efficient, and pragmatic beneficial.

Suggestion #7: Is there some way that you can make it so we can access the detailed Mount window whilst in a guild hall? At present, if you want to start mount training or access mount armour, you have to zone, either to the city, or a private residence. You don’t have to do this with mercenaries, so, why with mounts?

Suggestion #8: Is there any reason why we can’t display multiple experience bars simultaneously, rather than having to switch from adventure to crafting to AA and back again. I’d like to have them all available at once.

Suggestion #9: Dividing depot contents. I have a guild that has pretty much every type of depot available. Most of them have a fairly significant amount of items, and a fairly significant quantity of most of those items. This suggestion applies to all items in all depots, although for me personally, this burden I am going to be referring to applies in this instance to the ammunition depot.
    How hard would it be to create a function, possibly built into the depots themselves, that allows you to either take the entire contents of that depot and divide them into equal groups, which are then automatically deposited into the depots of your various alts, or, sort the contents of the depot by level, and then distribute each group into a different alt’s depot? To do this all manually would be beyond tedious, and would also take an absolutely obscene amount of time to accomplish. An Auto-Divide function would be enormously useful for anyone who, for whatever reasons, wants to divide depot-compatible items into groups of equal size or equal level and then distribute them amongst several characters.

An example I alluded to earlier: my guild hall has a large depot that contains all ammunition above level 100; my main, in her main estate, has a personal depot that contains all ammunition from levels 90-99; my first alt’s personal depot has all ammunition from levels 80-89; etc., down to my 9th and 10th alts, who have ammunition level 10-19 and 1-9, respectively. It wouldve been enormously helpful if Idve been able to divide the ammunition up with a few mouse clicks, instead of emptying, carrying, and redepositing tens of thousands of a half dozen or more ammo types from my guild depot into a dozen alts’ personal depots. And the same type of distribution would be atleast an order of magnitude more tedious and time-consuming were I to try to do the same thing with collectables or harvested resources. It just couldn’t be plausibly done by hand, whereas a divide function would render the procedure an almost trivial matter.

Suggestion #10: Back during the first few years of EQ2, I made a suggestion to the devs. It was an idea for an expansion I called Ancestral Gate, which would involve traveling back in time. This expansion would be essentially based on the following idea: Take a couple dozen of people’s favourite zones from EQ1, import them into EQ2’s graphics engine, and add the appropriate mobs, NPCs, and even quests and items. I can see this being one of the easiest expansions to make, since all of the zones are already in existence, and simply require being imported and refurbished for EQ2. Yes, I realize that there are Heritage quests that provide you with (atleast similar) gear from the Old World, but Ancestral Gate would not merely be a handful of Old World items, but an entire Heritage expansion.

It would even be possible (how wise an idea it would be is debatable, but I actually like the concept and think it could be pulled off really successfully) to have World Events in the Ancestral Gate expansion that actually change features of the New World. Obviously, you don’t want time travel to the Old World to be changing aspects of the New World in an excessive or intrusive manner, but when making modest, reasonable changes to the New World based on actions players take while in the past, well, the possibilities are just simply extraordinary.

--Alexis Brooke - 5.17.21
    Ginrummy and Cassta like this.
  2. Hreysti Member

11th suggestion--please repost in a font that a 54 year can see.
    Mercychalice, Avirodar, Raff and 5 others like this.
  3. Mugwort Active Member

"Suggestion #3: There should be a way to flag and/or sort collection items in the broker window by whether you still need the item for a collection or not. Now, admittedly, there is a reason why, when it comes to coding, it might be problematic to implement these two collectables suggestions. It’s possible that it might cause significant lag when scrolling through the market for needed collection items. But it’s nevertheless absolutely doable."

A player can open the broker window, and then open their (J) ournal > Collection Tab then simply click on whichever
    collectable is still needed and if one is available on the broker, it will pop up in the broker window.

I think they called this a "precision" search when first introduced so that the data base wouldn't go crazy with a constant collectable query. If you've never used this search feature for collectables, give it a try. It makes searching much easier.
    Breanna and Cassta like this.
  4. Mooooon New Member

These are your top 10 suggestions for EQ2?
    Here's some things I find way more pressing:

1) Fix your damn damage/heal numbers. Nobody can read 78945698765498. Or tell the difference between 78945698765498 and 7894569765498 when they appear on the screen. Even though the fist number is 10x higher than the second. Either normalize the numbers back down into the 1000s max, OR at the very VERY least add some punctuation into the numbers. It's actually not hard to turn a 78945698765498 into a 78,945,698,765,498 and it would make everything much more readable. Both when they appear over the mobs, as well as on the spell tooltips.

2) Overseer rewards are a joke. I don't think I have to say much more other than, why am I as a 120 receiving 113 gear? Absolutely worthless feature.

3) Mercenaries are absolutely worthless at 120. Give them better stats and make them do damage to at least the trash mobs.

4) What's with that hyperinflation of stats? It makes absolutely zero sense to have more than 100% crit chance. 100% means you crit at every attack. Everything above 100 (and we are in the thousands) makes absolutely no sense, and the EQ2 dev team knows that, because why else would they put crit chance debuffs in zones to mitigate those overinflated stats.

5) Add another currency after plat. We're at a point where copper, silver, and gold are completely useless. The dumbest of all gear costs plat already. We're selling stuff for millions of plat on the broker. Give us Diamond coins or Titanium coins or whatever, and make it a 1000:1 conversion rate to plat to tone down these numbers.

6) Update the broker FFS! It's been the same interface since 10+ years. Why can't we search specifically for stats that gear has? Let me search for Resolve stats. Let me search for Ethereal weapons only. Let me search for Appearance gear only. Seriously, also not that hard to do.

7) Change your approach when you design new zones/quests away from "how can we make the players work for certain things and make it painful to achieve something" to "how can we make the questing and solo experience as delightful as possible and still let the players feel like they accomplished something upon finishing the questline?". Taking away our flying every new expansion has NEVER in the history of EQ2 been something the players enjoyed. Ever.

8) Fix the bugs. Can't open mount window in Guild Hall because why? Want to use CoV? Take a 50/50 gamble whether it will work or not. Log out with your merc out? Next time you will log in it won't be summoned but its window will still be there.

9) Remove 99% of the PQs that nobody does. What's the point of having them all up simultaneously when there's barely enough players to do 1, and also only if people announce it in chat and ask for help.

10) CRAFTING. FIX IT. There's absolutely no reason to craft ANY gear if the stupid Signature Questline rewards are already better than ANY armor I can craft myself using rares. What's the point for crafting anything then, besides house/appearance items? You should make it how it was a long time ago, where you can craft armor that outclasses the crap you can get from solo questing. It gives solo players an alternative way to get better gear after soloing is done and without having to find a group or guild.
    Ginrummy, Fangrim, Avirodar and 2 others like this.
  5. Treggar Active Member

The critical chance issue has already been dealt with, it's just poorly illustrated in game because you'd think that 100% is as high as you should go.

There are 4 types of critical - regular, legendary, fabled, and mythical. The higher your crit chance the more often you'll get one of the bonus crits.
  6. Avirodar Well-Known Member

Any 10 point list to fix issues would require a competent Dev team that actually cares.

Neither is a valid statement in regard to EQ2.
  7. Kenn Well-Known Member

In the early days people would have fun grouping and raiding. Now people show up to raid a mob, kill it and leave in a couple minutes instead of a few hours. When I run into a group running a dungeon it is almost always a group of people that recently came to EQ2 from EQ1. I think in Daybreaks mind, the fixes will not solve the problem of people not wanting to play together, and when players don't have the social connection, they leave the game. I think Daybreak tried to make the game in a way to force grouping, but players hated it. So that is their biggest problem, but what is the solution?
  8. Geroblue Well-Known Member

@Araina Arrowney i agree with all of your suggestions, but number 8, my screen is rather busy as it is.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Ginrummy Member

Araina, great suggestions! I think I had an UI a long time ago who gave me the feature to have both the adventure exp bar and the tradeskill exp bar in window at the same time. And Moooon, u too! I´ve have not reached lvl 100 yet. I´ve just returned and have had my hands full this first week about all new features from the latest 8 or 10 expansions. :)

But what I now hear about lvl 100+ is that almost all my crafters will become obsolete? Is that true? They are handing out overpowered gear for free? And also worthless mercenaries at lvl 120?
    The joy about mastering all the tradeskills and manage to play solo is not a thing to look forward to at the highest level anymore?

There is a lot that have been much more easier since I last played. ...and better too. But with all the veteran bonuses and such, and guild amenities, mercs, familiars etc. there is almost no need for any accomplishments to gear up even in the mid-game if you don´t do raid-stuff wich I almost never done. But its still fun to craft my own gear. For my mid-game level chars.
    And I believe I have to, even with all the help I get from mercs and stuff, to be able to solo a lot of mid-game content.

I remember from the start of EQ2 (2004) when crafting needed real craftmanschip and a lot of time and effort. When the harvest only was an ingredient to start up the process and you had to make your craftingmaterials yourself and had to work on different worktables for every piece that was needed.
    Now I can make 100 items in 10 seconds. And I don´t even have to have the ingrediens in my characters inventory. LoL!