Closed / Unconfirmed Everquest 2 repeatedly crashes while loading

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by WildSwings, Nov 3, 2019.

1. WildSwings New Member

A few days ago, my program would crash while loading. It got to the stage where it was "loading resources" or around there, then completely crash to desktop. It happened a couple of times, then worked ok. Today, it won't go past that point at all. I haven't installed any new programs on the computer recently, although I did have a Win 10 update. I have never had this problem on this PC before now. Anyone else having this problem, or can think of what to do next?
  2. Avithax Well-Known Member

There can be a myriad of problems that can cause your issue. The most common one is a corrupted file and the second suspect is a anti virus/malware program running in the background. Do a search for EQ2 loading issues and you'll see a congressional library size list of everything that has been tried.

If it were my PC I would begin by going to advanced on the launcher and validating the game assets, then once I was confident the files were correct I would temporarily disable my virus/malware software and run the eq2.exe file as administrator from the folder containing the game assets.

Best of luck to you!
    Rosyposy, Cyrrena and Sigrdrifa like this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If Avithax's suggestions don't help, let us know and we can test some other things.
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Games'nGhosts Active Member

I never crashed and suddenly I am. Three times in one day.
  5. Hateborne Member

One option I would suggest if you're not deeply integrated with custom UIs/plugins and if you have a solid connection: save the UI via command line (if possible, or copy out character in files), move them somewhere safe (outside eq2 folder), and just completely delete and reinstall. After spending hours in hours trying to resolve an issue I had, simply reinstalling the game would've taken 90min instead of 10-ish hours of tinkering/testing.