Everquest 2 Mobile app not available on the Android Market

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-stayx, Jan 4, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-stayx Guest

Hello SOE...
    Whats happened with the app?
    Did you have delete it and when yes why we dont receive an info?
    I have test it with 4 Devices and not found, the android web market page says the app doesnt exist...
    Please give us more informations about this.
    Greetz
  2. ARCHIVED-wullailhuit Guest

Sunje@Valor wrote:
    it doesn;t connect / work 99% of the time anyway...my guess is it's been abandonned.

I for one would like to know when we're getting the free security login app.
  3. ARCHIVED-stayx Guest

Wullailduo@Splitpaw wrote:
    Oh yes thats the second question, when it will be released soe?
  4. ARCHIVED-Nashbry Guest

There is an app in the Android marketplace that does use the new EQ2 player feeds.
    Quest Forever

It does not have all the functionality (ie Guild Chat) of the app you are looking for but it does have quite a bit of info from the new feeds. I believe that the developer of the *official* app either went out of business or something, so development had stopped on it. I also recently moved to android and was disheartened to see the app was gone/defunct.
  5. ARCHIVED-sorinev Guest

Quest Forever is a nice little preview of what the updated site is probably going to show. I wish it showed more (like faction levels, date/place of levels, and some others. But even as-is, it's pretty nice. Plus, I don't remember being able to see someone's plat, so that's a pretty fun extra.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jack Orb Guest

If anyone has any feature requests for Quest Forever I'm happy to receive any and all feedback. The new data feeds don't yet support level history so I can't put that in but factions are certainly a possibility as all of that data is available. The tricky bit is working out how to change the UI to fit in all the extra information that's now available. The app has a JIRA tracking system for bug reports and feature requests at https://questforever.atlassian.net/.../Dashboard.jspa or you can always email me using the address listed on the Android Market.
    Quest Forever does support guild chat for EQ2 (including receiving chat messages in the background) though there are some issues at the moment with Freeport guilds and I'm not sure whether SOE are still supporting the XMPP guild chat server now that EQ2Players is gone. All you have to do is long-press on a guild to bring up the context menu, though you'll have to decide for yourself whether you're willing to put your station username and password into a third-party app.
  7. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Please note that all API-driven websites will break tonight due to some major changes coming down the pike. We've already gone beyond the old EQ2Players site. The API team have been very communicative, responsive, and just awesome to work with.
  8. ARCHIVED-HaCkHaCkER Guest

Hey Feldon where is the forum on the API changes? i saw one beforee but cannot find the link again.

Thanks