Everquest 2 hangs as soon as I select a character

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Glundar, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Glundar Active Member

I was playing in game and camped to another character when the client hung. I am now able to load the launcher and select a character however I get to the point where I am entering the game and it hangs.

Any ideas?
  2. Glundar Active Member

I can confirm that after a reboot an leaving the Everquest 2 client running it has eventually loaded the character
  3. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Just so we're on the same page, were you able to successfully connect past the character selection screen?
  4. Everdog Member

sorry if i were wrong
    i heard that my friend had almost same issue and he used Avira Anti-Virus which made something wrong with EQ2VoiceService.exe
  5. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Please make sure all antivirus/firewall programs have Everquest II set as an exception.
  6. Steelbelly New Member

Everyone that I play this game with is having the same problem. Then when I go out of game and restart I keep getting message that Launcher is updating...but no update is done. Firewall is okay to accept EQ2. No problems until expansion.
    Please check your station launcher. I also get a notice that server did not respond in time and to try back later. My internet speed is 22mgs down x 2.5 megs up. Problem is not on my end. There's always a few problems when Sony launches a new expansion. There has been very few with this expansion. Please fix the login and characture camp problems.
  7. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Steelbelly, I'll make sure I report this to the appropriate department. In the meantime, I'd suggest submitting a support ticket to our technical support team so we gather more info. Please include your Dxdiag and Msinfo to expedite the process. (Instructions are in my signature below)
  8. Feldon Well-Known Member

You may need to delete \EverQuest II\Launchpad.libs folder.