EverQuest 2: Chains of Eternity Panel - My $0.02

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-V1per, Oct 20, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Halo of G4 Guest

Novusod wrote:
    If you think EQ2 started change since SF then you need to job your memory a little bit. The game really started to change with every single expansion that came out and in between (DoF's complete gameplay overhaul, KoS removal of archtype progression and citizenship, mid-2006 major revamp of TS). And no, the obsession has a longer history then that. Infact, you can say it started with mmo's prior to WoW, such as FFXI, first mmo that started to defeat EQ in a non-korean market. I remember the same, abit, smaller backlash for the sake of backlashes against FFXI. Xenophobic in nature.
    Anyways again, with EQ2 is started a lot sooner, around when the game was barely new. Anyone remember these complaints with the likes of EoF/RoK?: "Adornment making? Is this an attempt to be like WoW?" "Fairies as a race and level 1-20 content? What about endgame? There's not enough of it! Probably trying to take advantage of WoW's soon to be Burning Crusade expansion with lower level stuff" "Oh why does the Crushbone Orc look like Barney the Dinosaur?" "Why does EoF look so shiny and colorful? What is this WoW" "Quest Hubs with solo mobs in overlands for RoK? What is this WoW?" "Drolvargs look so cartoony and less detailed like they're trying to copy WoW?"
  2. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Halo of G4 wrote:
    Spend some time on Rift's forums, that would change your mind.
    edit: case-in-point, here's yet another WoW comparison on Rift's forum from today http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gen...tml ..... so it's not just EQ/EQ2, it's everywhere. People need to enjoy their game and stop worrying about other ones.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lendrcik Guest

Could I get a link to the panel video please?
  4. ARCHIVED-ZachSpastic Guest

Cisteros@Crushbone wrote:
    My argument is based on players like yourself who think that the way the game was at launch was the realization of heavenly perfection and that any change is bad. History tells us that those who can not change have failed before starting. Which would explain why you started this whiney thread.
  5. ARCHIVED-V1per Guest

Not sure why putting a post up that asks developers not to make content easier and not make it spoon fed is considered to be a "whiny" thread.
    As stated, when you listen to people these days, the majority of the issues seem to derive from the fact that there isn't "insta" gratification in EQ2 and that somehow because of that the game is bad. I enjoy the challange of this game and in my view it is one of the last true MMO's out there. This is why i also think they are making a mistake with the AA's and not having a requirement to have to work to get into the new instances (outside of just getting 95).
    If people want an MMO with easier content, then go play something else. Why should this game be brought down to the level of those who don't want to play their class properly and who think things should be made easier all because they don't want to put the time in to get it done. Ultimately that's the point, well that and providing appreciation on what I considered to be a very well done panel as per the topic thread.