Everfrost E'ci Vol 16 Quest

Discussion in 'General Feedback' started by Zylara, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Zylara Well-Known Member

Without being rude but using the whole freaking zone for that altar is freaking ridiculous, spent an hour on one toon and ended up having someone else invite me to grp and lemme grab the one they found only for it to disappear on them which is not fair. So far between guildies and alts have already seen 6 diff spots for it to appear. Personally I cant see why you cant just stick to the islands and the tunnels where the merchant walks thats a big enough area to still have it move but not a ridiculous amount. As it is atm that may be one quest over in Everfrost I will wait till it changes over as I dont have time to waste flying all over looking on multiple toons

Yes I know it hums now but didnt know that previously as I have volume off and the tarew marr one i nvr had a problem finding as that zone os not as big

PS Think I put the right volume in the title lol
    SolarFaire, Manafizzle and Cusashorn like this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah, the altars really shouldn't be found anywhere outside of a certain distance of the camp itself. Mystic Lake is roughly the same size as the entire iceflow region of Everfrost, so limiting the altar to the iceflow region would be best.

If one of the herald camps ends up in Moors of Ykesha, you're going to see a figurative revolt from the players for having to travel around the single most vertical zone in the entire game.
  3. Forestchild Well-Known Member

what about the ToV islands, or AoM (Phantom Sea islands).. Better yet, even the Kingdom of Sky islands. LoL..
    SolarFaire and Breanna like this.
  4. Zylara Well-Known Member

so just to note on the humming that altar gives off, its the ambient volume if you have it turned down like I did BUT even with it full blast you only really get the hum when youre right on top of it anyways so still basically useless when looking for it
  5. Alukia New Member

While I agree having them spawning randomly in a very vaste map and changing their spawn every time a player click on it is not the wisest game design choice, I want to remind everyone that we have a wonderful tool available to everbody: EQ2 Maps.

I know not everyone wants to have an account for EQ2 interface nor wants to use their time to add locs around the maps but in all honesty, it takes maybe 3 minutes to do and there's nothing complex to it beside entering some text and clicking 1 or 2 buttons. I'm already doing it when I can (I think I'm almost the only one, I saw maybe 2 or 3 locs added by someone else), now imagine if more people were willing to add the loc when they see it. We surely would have all of them from now.

I might add too that if you don't want to do it, throwing the /loc clipboard in chat can allow someone else to do the loc remotely.
    Jaden likes this.
  6. Zylara Well-Known Member

Maps may be a wonderful thing BUT when you are searching a whole zone and it moves as people are clicking it you could end up going around and around for quite awhile like i did that first day with well over an hour of frustration of looking, at least small zone/area its not gonna end up in timbuktu whilst youre searching
    SolarFaire and Forestchild like this.
  7. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Also; why would you want to clutter up the map with POIs for an event that is only gonna be around for this year, maybe. Somebody already did the stupid shiny locations for aether wastelands (sorry for the spelling) up there in the new lands. Now you have to do the filter thing to see the POIs that you need for quest.
  8. Alukia New Member

I completely agree with that fact, having such a large zone with a jumping altar clicked by dozen of people is a bad idea. But still, we have a mean to help, just nobody willing to do the work, only the complain.

I'm the one who did the Aether shinies for 2 reasons: people may or may not have tracking spell for them and they are quite hidden and frankly I feel like doing them over and over on different characters would be more pleasant with a bit of visual help. Secondly, I did A LOT of brokering with those and now that all the locs are more or less known, we don't have crazy and unaccessible prices for basic collectibles which can be a HUGE problem for newer player lacking billions of plats.

Also, excusing me but I loled VERY HARD on "cluttering the map". There's like maybe 30/40 marked things on each maps, half of them not even that useful. 80% of old maps are WAY MORE less readable than any of our latest maps without zooming at 100% or even using the research bar.
    Jaden, SolarFaire and Forestchild like this.
  9. Forestchild Well-Known Member

Hehe.. Yea, i know, I hope I didn't step on anybody's toes, I actually loved the fact that the shinys were marked. I have used it A lot lately, Thank you for that.

Also; I totally agree on helping to bring the plat on the marketplace down. I make stuff on my carpenter, and always mark them low and lower for the standard player. I refuse to mark it 50mil plat or 25mil. If everything was marked like that, then we would run out of plat..

Not me, I have around 34bil saved from selling kronos, for the "rainy day fund". You never know.. LOL...
    SolarFaire and Breanna like this.
  10. Lera Well-Known Member

They really need to make the altars permanent. I've spent an hour flying around Antonica looking for the Bertoxxulous altar, using 9 different locations on the wiki, without finding it. For a one-time quest, it's fine, but spending an hour on one quest that's going to get repeated for the next 10 months isn't fun. Especially when we end up with 5 or 10 or more of the 'find the altar' quests at the same time later in the year. And if other people are in the zone and keep finding it, there's a chance you won't find it at all. Where's the fun in that?
    SolarFaire, Chikkin and Zylara like this.
  11. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

12. Aggy Active Member

Breanna and SolarFaire like this.
  13. Zylara Well-Known Member

TBH I spent just 20mins looking and then deleted the quest I dont have time to waste on these sorts of quests, i barley spend 3 hrs in game as its just not fun anymore and whe Im trying to get my 2 mains on 2 diff accts thru these things its just not worth it at all

I didnt even log on at all today, I looked at my log in screen and just couldnt get any joy at the thought of playing, if anything my head just started pounding with a headache starting
    SolarFaire likes this.