Everfrost/Butcherblock Downtime: Thurs, Feb 19 @ 4AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Roshen Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Both the Everfrost and Butcherblock servers will be brought offline on Thursday, February 19, 2015 at 4:00AM Pacific* for server maintenance. This server is estimated to be unavailable for approximately four hours.

Keep an eye on the EverQuest II forums and social media for status updates and for news if additional downtime is needed.

*Convert to your local time
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hnh! That's actually...interesting! I sincerely hope this gives the devs, techs, etc. a way to finely scrub each server (or pair/group of servers) free of clingy bug situations...if we did that once a month for each, rotating among them, and it worked, that would actually be pretty awesome! :)

Let's see; how many servers do we have, again...? Antonia Bayle, Butcherblock, Crushbone, Everfrost, Freeport, Guk, Nagafen (PvP), Oasis, Permafrost, Sibilis (Japan), Splitpaw (UK), Storms (France), Test (Public Test), Unrest, Valor (Germany), a couple in Russia I'm forgetting... ::looking up quickly:: Barren Sky and Harla Dar (yee gods, out of 17 active servers, I've got toons on 12 of them). Have one server (or pair) come down for a few hours each week (I know, I know, but see above parenthetical note; I feel your pain), you could easily get all of them covered in a year. Could be done! :)

Uwk
    /crossing_fingers
  3. Axek New Member

the best for everquest 2 1 big server ... merge all of them or better yet 2 servers 1 pvp 1 pve ... simple with 2 servers running more people to group/raid/guilds ... better market and I bet low maintenance cost.
    And yes they're games out there with 1 server ... like eve online ... ESO but hey just me
  4. Buzzsaww New Member

Still can't login says server is busy try again later
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

No notes on what was done? Checked Live Updates notes, but nothing there.
  6. Sucha Active Member

Merriel they did say somewhere that they were going to be doing a bunch of back end work based on the acquisition by CN. There is probably a lot of updating that needs to be done that does not directly affect us and thus they will not post exactly what is being done.
  7. Skitterfast Well-Known Member

According to last night's live stream, some of the back-end work involves updating the server OS as part of the ongoing DB change.