Info Needed Event Day % Off Coupons Rendered Useless

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Kalethelin, Feb 10, 2024.

1. Kalethelin New Member

This has happened to me twice now, once during Heroes' Fest ('23) and now during Erollisi. I was awarded a 20% off Event Coupon prior to the event items being listed for sale on the Marketplace. Why are we getting coupons before the items are available? Coupons have a 2-hour time limit and can only be used for that specific events items. If unused then they're automatically removed from your inventory. Not sure if this is actually a bug or just poor planning but it creates more chaos than is necessary.

Just out of curiosity... why is there a time limit on such an award? I've received a number of these over the years just as I'm about to log off ~ useless and disheartening :( Why can't we just have it for the duration of the event and if unused at the end of the event then it can be removed?
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

what are you talking about? Erollisi Day section on marketplace is in game with all the goods
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I was mulling over which Erollisi Day items on the marketplace I wanted to use my 20% coupon for yesterday. Everything is working as intended. They're limited time use coupons just the same as when you go to a grocery store. Why do you think they're bugged just because they're not permanent and they dispose of themselves when the timer expires?

If you get them right before you log off, then you need to consider using them right then. The idea is that you will come across more of them during the event.
  4. Mugwort Active Member

The idea is that a player will load up on daybreak cash.

These coupons that are random in % will give an x amount of discount and sometimes after it calculates the member discount, they glitch. I don't even bother with these anymore. Just give us a regular ol' sale like in the old days.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Juraiya like this.
  5. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I get these coupons all the time from Overseer quests. What's really annoying is that I've personally been given these coupons even when the event that it's for isn't going on. Today I got two that were for past events: One for Oceansfull, and another for Nights of the Dead. The timing of these seems to be somewhat random, although the weighting seems slightly higher for events that are current.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Mugwort like this.
  6. GrunEQ Well-Known Member

In the OPs defense, I got one of those coupons and was going to buy the Tickled Pink mount, but there was no Erollisi Day section in the Marketpalce. So, between her post and the answers they must have posted them. Now I'm deeply disappointed to find them "timed", so I guess no mount for me. :(
    Really, all that should have been in place at the start of the event.
  7. Chikkin Well-Known Member

getting different event's coupons, besides the one currently going on, look like a bug and should be addressed.
  8. Brewmyst Well-Known Member

I don't recall when it started last year, but I was sometimes getting multiple coupons, one for whatever the current event was, then a second for a different event. Both would show in the reward window, but when I would hit accept, only one would drop into my inventory. Half the time it was for the event that wasn't up. I'm still getting wrong event coupons now. Mostly Oceansfull
  9. Twyla Well-Known Member

I got a coupon today, picked out what to spend it on, clicked all the buttons and got a completely different item than I picked out. Thankfully it was cheap.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yep, sounds massively bugged. X-P

Uwk
  11. Kaitheel Developer

There's several issues being reported here, within the same thread.

Complaints of items not being available on the marketplace:
    This is a server specific issue with that server's marketplace. Please create a new bug post for any such issue. Be sure to include your server and what item you believe should be listed.

Complaints of wrong holiday coupons being currently found:
    This is a server specific issue caused by corrupted event data. Zarrakon had experienced an issue with this over the last several months, but should have been resolved on 1/19/24. If you are still looting coupons for inactive holidays please respond to this thread. Be sure to include your server and what coupons you are looting.

As for your original issue, Kalethelin... There is a chance that the Marketplace does not get activated at the same time as the event (and the event coupons) and this too could be specific per server. Uncoordinated timing across the Marketplace and in-game content is to blame. Unfortunately, each aspect is separately controlled and can cause issues as a result. I suspect this is what you experienced in the early hours of Erollisi Day, and was definitely not intended.

As for your suggestion that the coupons last until the conclusion of the event, we currently do not have such technology or control on the coupon items to do that, but it is a good suggestion. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
  12. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Oceansful coupons are very common right now from Overseer chests, Antonia Bayle server
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Thank you, Chikkin! Those should no longer drop outside of Oceansfull.

~ Kaitheel
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Twyla like this.