Evaded Reaper/Evaded Blade

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Estred, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Estred Well-Known Member

Can we please have one of these take priority over Class Death-Interventions? This rune is meant it seems as a "accidental death prevent" because of it's trigger rate. I find it extreamely annoying to have Unyielding Will (my Class DI) trigger at the same time as Evaded Blade thus wasting one of them.

War Runes should take priority over Class-DI's given they have a % success chance IF it triggers it shold prevent the class based Death-Intervetion from activating.
  2. Malleria Well-Known Member

Couldn't disagree more. If I have an activated death prevent up, I don't want the war rune procing and saving mine, because odds are it'll have worn off before I need it again (or in the case of brawler's tenacity, it'll have worn off before I get a second use). I like that the war rune is there as a kind of 'oh s***' I forgot to save, or the healer didn't get a heal off in time.

Or are you talking about only passive saves? In that case I agree, a passive war rune should probably proc before a passive buff. But a blanket war rune before any player initiated save is a bad idea.
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Well, one or the other. I am as a Guardian have a 3 minute duration DI... Crusaders have an "until triggered" DI. Brawlers are actually the least effected by this issue because of how Tenacity works.

Bottom line is that Runes and Player DI's should not be triggering together. I would be fine if Player Activated DI's took precedence... in fact that sounds better.
  4. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

He's talking about passive saves, already running in the background. As a Paladin, I have Divine Favor, which passively triggers on death. Anytime it triggers, however, Evaded Reaper will trigger as well.

In other words, the two do not trigger independently of one another. If you receive enough damage to kill you, both will trigger. One death immunity should take priority over the other and in the event that one fails, the next should trigger.

This discussion has actually been taking place since the old forums were still up and I'm pretty sure a search in the new ones would yield at least a post or two about this topic.

Bottom line: It is probably time that the rune be reviewed taking into consideration preexisting fighter mechanics.

Edit: Here's another thread on the same subject to which I responded months ago:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...aded-reaper-and-evaded-blade.2992/#post-28618
  5. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Pretty much. Worthless to use on a Berserker since they nearly always have a maintained death save up.
  6. Primaeval Active Member

+1 for this.

Having Evaded Blade/Reaper trigger simultaneous to another death save is terrible. Just make it an initial 50% check for Evaded, then if it fails, move to class specific.
    ShawnTank, Estred and Hoosierdaddy like this.
  7. ShawnTank New Member

As a main tank guardian this needs to proc before my class specific one my class specific one I usually cast towards the end of difficult encounters considering mobs like to hit me for 130k to 190k and with multi attacks etc sometimes the death save triggers then I die anyways. Even with 40k HPS incoming on me.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

That is the very reason I started this thread. I am an MT guard myself and have the same issue. I am sure other tank classes also have the issue of the rune proccing WITH their class DI or healer DI. This wastes either the class DI or the rune DI whichever triggered first, which for some can be really bad because Evaded Blade heals less than a conventional DI.
  9. Hoosierdaddy Active Member

I'm fine with being a squeaky wheel if it helps in getting this rune reviewed.
  10. Corydonn Well-Known Member

Here is an idea. Put the rune on your ranged weapon and when you know you don't have a save up, Swap it in and it is a 50% chance to be a lifesaver.