Ethereal 2020...tell me I am missing something!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Elorastar, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Melt Actually plays the game

That's how you get the power creep that we've ended up with. Very fast way to trivialize content.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

It stopped being power 'creep' when the devs went from putting a few hundred potency on gear to over 1k potency on gear in the 2nd half of the Thalumbra expansion.
    The devs have put jet packs on stat inflation and cut the brake cables.
    Kheldar, Erudinel, Jrox and 1 other person like this.
  3. Jrox Well-Known Member

As I usually do, I will have to agree with Mermut on this. The power creep is from trying to balance by over inflating in areas. I was, as Mermut stated, talking about small adjustments to bring us into balance with current content and Tier (Peer) classes.
  4. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

So not quite sure what you all seems to be bickering about given original test servers of EQ1 and all ... but how does one partake of these Ethereal Missions that I guess are weekly? The usual weekly quest givers like at Phantom Seas or somewhere else? Please can someone tell me?
  5. Observing Active Member

The Blinding
  6. Arclite Well-Known Member

So apart from day 1 of ethereal weeklies I have done all weeklies in expert + overland heroic bosses and not missed once (including double coin event) and yet i do not have enough currency to get to level 5 on the cloak and yet i see people with level 5 cloaks already. Something i missed?
    Argosunited likes this.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

there used to be a weekly quest reset on tuesdays when the game was patched so you could stack weeklies and you didnt have to do anything special - you just got offered the quest if you had done it

seems like it has been fixed now
  8. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

Yes there was one such incident in the middle of the double currency event. People who were able to log in at the right time could effectively do 2-3 weeklies in one day, with double currency. Which is why some people are way out ahead.
    Jrox likes this.