Essense of Duality (new Etherial) - what it does and doesn't reset

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Twisty, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Twisty Well-Known Member

Let's get some first hand accounts going please
  2. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

My friend has it on Conju and he told me it reset toxicity.
  3. Twisty Well-Known Member

Need confirmation on

1. 30s Dumbfires
    2. Soulburn
    3. Toxicity - one 2nd-hand Yes
    4. UndeadHorde
    5. RotFlesh
    6. ElementalBlast
    7. Focused Casting
    8. Sanguine
    9. Skull Focii
    10. That wizard dmg-record blast

forgetting anything else 'major'?
  4. Koko Well-Known Member

...but can it be used to chain cast AE instant cast rifts?
  5. Luciuz Active Member

So I got it yesterday. This is what I see it refreshing. Why Daybreak chose these for the necro I have no idea, probably on the same drug they were taking when they designed the new fabled gear. Cloth shoes with WDB? I could see Spell WDB but um ok.

This is what I see it refreshing.
    Rot Flesh
    Elemental Toxicity
    Arcane bewilderment
    Pandemic
    Vampire Bats
    Absorb magic
    Bloody Ritual

That's all I saw. Let me add btw, since this wand is an Ethereal, you can not change it's damage type. I notice that the auto attack damage is lower in my recent parses than my disease brokenskull's spark. But I guess being able to recast Rot Flesh makes up for the loss in auto attack DPS.
  6. Twisty Well-Known Member

Luciuz, can you pls explicitly confirm that none of these get reset:

- Blighted Horde
    - Undead Horde
    - Awaken Grave
    - Soulburn
    - Spell Bind
    - Skull Focii
  7. Arieva Well-Known Member

so that list is "most" damage abilities huh? hmmm seems small
  8. Enigma Active Member

Yea i want to know if it can reset undead horde..that spell needs a lower recast.
  9. Luciuz Active Member

Correct, none of the spells listed reset. I wish though, would make better sense than Bloody Ritual. o_O
  10. Luciuz Active Member

I made an error. The spells I thought were reset were just flashing for a different reason. Furthermore, I didn't read the fine print. Most but not all modifiable Spells. Meaning spells you can point a point in via AA.
  11. Twisty Well-Known Member

the whatta whatta? can you please clarify that last post, Luciuz? Does it or does it not reset the following... it's really pretty easy to test empirically...

- Rot Flesh
    - Blighted Horde
    - Undead Horde
    - Awaken Grave
    - Soulburn
    - Spell Bind
    - Skull Focii

secondly, can you please confirm whether the Wand puts a buff on you that clarifies the much-to-be-desired language on how often it procs? For example, when you equip The One Above, it puts a buff on you that it's 3x/min proc, but can't proc more than 1x in 30s.
  12. Twisty Well-Known Member

srsly... noone with the wand can contribute some facts for the community?
  13. Luciuz Active Member

For a necro it resets the following from what I have seen.

Rot Flesh, Elemental Toxicity, Absorb Magic, Bloody Ritual, Arcane Bewilderment, Master's Strike, Bloodcloud, Theurgist's Detonation, Pandemic, Vampire Bats.

It does not reset any swarm pet spells.
  14. Luciuz Active Member

When you equip it, you have a buff called Ethereal Conduit. Description says it triggers 1.6 times a minute and can only trigger once every 30 seconds. When it triggers, you'll see this message in the combat log.

"You have formed an Ethereal Conduit."

You can make an act trigger for that phrase to let you know when it triggered audibly.
  15. Twisty Well-Known Member

thank you v-much for details
  16. Luciuz Active Member

Oh yeah, also resets the spells you get when you cast siphoning of souls on a target. But meh they already have a short reuse time anyways.
  17. Skulls Member

1. First make sure you don't use heroic opportunity during your tests. The heroic opportunity causes additional spells to blink for the heroic opportunity and have nothing to do with the blinking refreshed spells from the Ethereal Conduit.

2. Second the ethereal weapon is pretty weak on a summoner the only thing you get thats good is the refresh of Elemental Toxicity which is nice on an aoe fight but does very little if anything on a small encounter or nothing on an single target, named boss fight. In addition it does refresh your Theuragist Detonation and your Earthquake, Bloodcloud along with your encounter spells. Overall this does have a small increase to your encounter and aoe dps but not that much. This weapon is much more OP for Sorcs as it also allows them to increment much faster by refreshing spells like Concussive blast etc. So they get good spells refreshing like Plaque Bringer etc. and the double hit of faster incrementing.

3. All the big spells do NOT refresh you get Nothing for Summoners:
    No swarm pets including your Undead Horde, No Plane Shift
    No Soulburn or Lifeburn
    No Elemental Blast
    No Consumption or Blazing Avatar
    Conjuror Winds of Velious Blinks showing it refreshes, but doesn't actually refresh that spell is broken always has been.
    Last the Ethereal Conduit buff only goes on the Summoner so again our main pet does NOT get the buff and cannot refresh
    any of the pets spells on its hotbar, making this even weaker for Summoner classes

4. The ranged mage Ethereal weapon is horrible for Enchanters, a little better for Summoners and amazing overpowered for Sorcerers. Whoever was in charge of deciding what spells on what classes would refresh didn't understand the mage classes well enough to do the job correctly. This has caused the weapon to be out of balance and a small increase for some and huge for others. This item should never have been put in the game, just more bad mechanics.
    Luciar likes this.
  18. Anunnaki Active Member

I doubt they are going to change them at this point. My understanding is that these are a preview on what is going to be in game for the next xpac (or whatever the hell they are calling it these days.) I would hope they listen to this feedback and adjust accordingly when the effect will become more commonplace.
  19. Anunnaki Active Member

If I see this reset my spells one second into a fight one more time I'm going to lose it.
  20. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Just out of curiosity, since I don't have the weapon and probably won't find it before the next expac hits, what does it reset on an Illy if you know?