EQnext and falling for the talk

Discussion in 'Non-Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-ralster, Oct 19, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-ralster Guest

So I try to never fall for the talk and the he said she said and the I know this guy who has a brother-in-law who's neighbor's kid goes school with one of the dev's kids and I heard ......... But.. . . Someone told me that EQnext is talked about being a web-based almost browser style game? (please go easy on me with all the "this right here on this post blah blah blah your blind and here is a link loser you could have found this out on your own bleh)
  2. ARCHIVED-Dreyco Guest

Yup.. you fell for a pretty crazy rumor.
    ForgeLight, which is the engine that EQNext is running off of, can't in any way, shape, or form run in a browser window.
    It will be a standalone game client like EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, or Planetside 2.
  3. ARCHIVED-ralster Guest

Ok cool thats good news Im trying really hard not to get excited about a game I dont know anything about but having played EQ and EQ2 both since launch I always get excited about anything from the Everquest franchise.
  4. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

what ever you thought you knew about what it will look like, forget it... they blew up all the art they released last year, Smed talked about it first night of SOE live.
  5. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Aneova@Kithicor wrote:
    This. They've basically scrapped it twice. We might get a "see and touch" next year.