Eq2 & Youtube

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cappen, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Cappen Member

Does the in game youtube recorder thingie no longer work? Whenever i try to use it i get a Bad Content error?
  2. Schlüssel New Member

I hope it does. I was hoping to make a couple of YouTube videos to show some of my friends how great EQ2 housing is.
  3. Cappen Member

No one can help me with this? Seems kinda silly there is no documentation anywhere for this. It just gets implemented then left by the wayside. :(

This is the error I've been getting
    [IMG]
  4. Mohee Active Member

That's common here. :confused:
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You need to look towards the top of the forums. One is called "Support". The TSRs watch that forum. Obviously, none of the playerbase who follow the forums can assist you, so turn to the pros. You want http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?forums/general-tech-support-questions.10/
  6. Wanyen Active Member

Auto-critic. It's a harsh feature. :)
  7. Athenia Well-Known Member

I just skip using anything in-game and use Fraps instead for recording videos. I've at least never encountered a problem while using that!
  8. Niklaus New Member

You know I am good at finding information on the internet and in forums, but yes this issue does not seem to have a lot on it. I have tried everything and even setup apt passwords for it as they suggest in youtube for some appts, yet I still get the same message. I know it is getting my passwords and username but it is not getting the data. If this is an issue with the game because it much I have seen over 30 people having the same issue, and they do not have a fix or know why it is doing it, is there no way they can make a post to all post about this issue on the forums or a new forum up about it that they have not fixed it and are working on it, any feedback to us is fine just please some feed back, and just sending people to support to put in a ticket well I am sure the support guys with the 10000000 tickets they have to deal with on a day to day issue will love that, answer each ticket or make one post and save 1000000 tickets coming in at them. I mean we can send a person to the moon but not fix youtube?
  9. Nynaeve Active Member

Youtube has a new policy, they don't want any game footage there anymore.
    For some reason they want games and review move to other sites, probably twitch.
    Maybe they want to make their own IGN/Gamespot/Review site with content created by users, something like that.
  10. Isabel New Member

Wait what? Really?
  11. Togusah New Member

If that was the case, they would lose a lot of revenue through all of the ad's.
    Something probably wrong on SOE's end.
  12. Jrel Well-Known Member

I just recorded a video a few days ago. Seems to be working fine; however, I did not use the game client interface to load it to Youtube. I'd rather just upload it straight myself.
  13. Deago Well-Known Member

Regarding youtube and video game videos:

Some companies have stated seeing a game played is like playing the game yourself and takes away from sales etc...

Not my personal view. If anything I have bought a game because I saw it played and wanted in on the action *shrug*

When I hear a company complain like this over game X I understand that game X has little to zero replay value :D
  14. Nelie Well-Known Member

Sort of off-topic but....is there a time limit in recording a video? i can NEVER get past 5 minutes without an error message popping up saying "Error while capturing video: Bad File". I have tried deleting the file in the directory and even re-patching the entire works for the video capture and still have a bad time trying to record what i want without rushing and hoping it doesn't corrupt. Anyone know a fix to this or if there was a time limit intended?
  15. runsaroundthepool New Member

Still happening on a fresh install...
  16. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Was removed in August of 2014:

YouTube integration has been removed due to incompatibilities with Google's API updates. Options are being explored to return video functionality.
  17. flameweaver Well-Known Member

I think you're being overly optimistic, if you truly believe someone at DBG is actually looking at this :confused:

Anybody doing EQ2 vids nowadays, is using a third party video capture program - example https://obsproject.com/ (Open Broadcaster Software) which I've used in the past - it's free and it's easy to use.
    Feldon likes this.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

FRAPS is also free.
  19. KhaineUK Active Member

+1 for OBS. It's free and compresses your files a LOT more than FRAPS does.

So if you don't want huge files for editing purposes, I recommend using that. It's also fully compatible with AMD VCE, nVidia Shadowplay and Intel x264.
    Feldon and flameweaver like this.
  20. Seni Active Member

Nah, they moved it to Youtube Gaming. It was announced around the same time as E3 and went live in August. http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/08/youtube-gaming-googles-twitch-tv-competitor-launches-tomorrow/ https://gaming.youtube.com/
    flameweaver likes this.