EQ2 thinks I don't have enough free memory even though I do?

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Samishii, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Samishii New Member

To start:
    I have a Macbook Pro, but I run Windows 7 through Parallels.
    I've been playing for the past few months on and off just fine with no problems. Heck, I played like 2 days ago with no problems.
    However, I just tried to play a few minutes ago and had an error while loading. First, I logged in fine. Ran around the guild for a minute to check my stuff no problem then opened my Quest journal. Then the game stopped responding. Quit the game and rebooted the game.This time however, the game said I couldn't play until I had at least 2GB of memory free. I have 25GB free... Closed and tried again. Same error came up. Checked the configuration and I still allocate 4GB RAM to Windows when I run it for Everquest II so it shouldn't be a RAM problem or a harddrive space problem.

Questions or Answers?
  2. Samishii New Member

Update:
    Shutdown Windows, restarted, and tried to load EQ2 again to no avail. Same error. Log In screen comes up just fine. Select my character and press Play and its a black screen for a few seconds before the error comes up.
    The exact phrasing is as follows:
    "At least 2GB free disk space is required for streaming assets. Please free disk space and restart Everquest II."
  3. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I'd call SOE support, or start a ticket with them. They've always been really quick to reply when I have had problems (however small) in the past. I had one character with neutral faction for instance, but she kept getting attacked by a certain race. SOE had someone email me for permission to take the character out and play her for awhile, and they helped me tremendously. All fixed within a few hours. While you issue is vastly different, I have nothing but praise for their help, and would recommend it to you as a place to go now.

Good luck,
    Ava
  4. Svenone Well-Known Member

Sadly, if Parallels is considered a "virtual machine" then SOE does not allow its use with their games. Use can get your account banned, with little to no warning.