eq2 server monitor

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Jitai, Dec 18, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Jitai Guest

During this downtime I put together a quick script that looks to see if the server is up, and if it is plays a sound. It's kind of like a server up alarm clock. You must spell your server name correctly, and it's case sensitive (ie Befallen not befallen or bfalen)

www.pathset.net/eq2mon

[IMG]
    You'll not find a bow as true!
    /tell truehawk.befallen I need a Truehawk bow!

Message Edited by Jitai on 12-19-2004 09:03 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Blackmac Guest

3. ARCHIVED-Whir Guest

Ahh, I can see it now..

Just as the servers come up, the entire SOE network is vaporized by 200,000 request per second for server status =)

nice job btw ;)

Message Edited by Whir on 12-18-2004 01:07 AM
  4. ARCHIVED-Spunk Monkey Guest

Script is broken. Made a beep noise and took me to a web site showing my server is DOWN. Would be pretty cool if it worked tho. Maybe you can get a job coding patches for Sony :)
    Message Edited by Spunk Monkey on 12-18-2004 01:09 AM

Edit: Works now, you rock!
    Message Edited by Spunk Monkey on 12-18-2004 01:11 AM
  5. ARCHIVED-Jitai Guest

FYI - you have to type the server name in correctly..
    I'm not going to make a popdown and keep it updated with all the new servers..
    It would take too much time then my bows would suck.

[IMG]

Message Edited by Jitai on 12-19-2004 09:03 AM
  6. ARCHIVED-Blackmac Guest

Thats not cool it told me my server was up :smileysad:
  7. ARCHIVED-Jitai Guest

8. ARCHIVED-Jitai Guest

Be sure to read the instructions on the page.
    Once again, it's a very simple web app. but does it's job.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jitai Guest

Sometimes the network may hickup on the SOE side and give you a false serverup indication. If you set your refresh to 30 or 60 seconds it's not bad.

[IMG]
    Message Edited by Jitai on 12-19-2004 09:01 AM
  10. ARCHIVED-Fithin Guest

OT........Wow you are a famous bow maker...someone in game was like hey I know someone that makes good bows..........Truehawk......Your name spreads fast!!
  11. ARCHIVED-Jitai Guest

I'm truely humbled by the reaction I get from people when I go out to adventure. People are very kind.

[IMG]

Message Edited by Jitai on 12-19-2004 09:05 AM
  12. ARCHIVED-TimboSilvermist Guest

This absolutely rocks. Twenty-three stars for this post.

SOE, any chance of incorporating something like this into your Server Status page? In its current manually-updated state it's honestly not that useful, but a tool like this would change that in a hurry.
  13. ARCHIVED-Jakiil Guest

Looks like a great script, but I put in Guk (tho I know it's up cuz I'm on it) and it said Guk was down. Just an FYI. Of course, it's 4am, so maybe something else is going on.

Cool idea though. Certainly better than the 36 hour lag on the official status pages. :)
  14. ARCHIVED-xerty Guest

Excellent - why SOE can't do this is beyond me.
    Thanks Jitai.
  15. ARCHIVED-Jitai Guest

Sorry you couldn't use it Jakiil. You either spelled Guk incorrectly or didn't cap the G. All this script does is validate a word on the status page. To test it put in the word Servers (that word is always there) you'll get a message that says 'Servers is still down.' Now put in the words Serverz. Since the word Serverz is not present you'll get a message that says 'Serverz is up!' and a audible indication. I didn't put a popdown with a server list in because I didn't want complaints if a new server wasn't listed, I see the error of my ways and will add it promplty.
    Thank you for the kind comments everyone. Down time happens with any software or hardware, it's inevitable. The fact that we so anxiously await EQ2 to come up shows how good it really is. I put this script together because I knew I'd stay up until the servers came up, and probably hit refresh every 30seconds.
    [IMG]
    You'll not find a bow as true! /tell truehawk.befallen I need a Truehawk bow!
  16. ARCHIVED-Cretin Guest

Thank you, appreciate the tool.

I really enjoy how yours tell me Crushbone is still down, while theirs tells me all servers are up. :)

We both know which one is correct.
  17. ARCHIVED-Jahadeem Guest

Don't want to type in your servername?

Try this one instead: http://www.jahadeem.com/realms/eq2/?P=SS

Works for all servers but Toxxulia & Innovations, having a bit of trouble finding the Hostnames/IPs for these.

-Jahadeem
    Message Edited by Jahadeem on 12-20-2004 01:15 AM
  18. ARCHIVED-Jitai Guest

There's no alarm feature. This does the same thing as the status page on the sony site doesn't it?

[IMG]
    You'll not find a bow as true! /tell truehawk.befallen I need a Truehawk bow!
  19. ARCHIVED-Jahadeem Guest

Working on a few features... give me a few more days.
  20. ARCHIVED-Widgett Guest

Hats off to BOTH you guys!! Absolutely outstanding work! Thanks. :smileyvery-happy: