EQ2 Players - February Status

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru, Feb 13, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-DasUberFuzzy Guest

since we're griping and wishing, i want something useful, instead of the factions, i want the information from the slayer posters online, and an xml feed for it.
  2. ARCHIVED-wodehouse Guest

Well put, this is happening to me also. Please fix this!
  3. ARCHIVED-nobe Guest

[p] [/p][p] [/p][p]Jabru - seriously - can you respond to some of this? Instead of say - waiting 20 days to update the January list thread by changing it to say February? How about some progress updates? Which issues are being addressed first? what about the issues listed here in the thread that arent on the list. Can we PLEASE add a "remember my login" button and get rid of the inactivity logout timer?[/p][p]**taps keyboard** hello - is this thing on? [/p]
  4. ARCHIVED-Lantis Guest

Things that should be added as bugs: 1) The XML feed is not XML, it's HTML... Saving the XML feed to disk and opening it in a text editor reveals that the data contains HTML codes (such as <PRE>), and has quotes replaced by HTML meta-entities. Sounds like the XML feed goes through an HTML output generator, making it totally useless as a regular parser can't do anything with this - the XML output should be sent unprocessed. 2) The CSV feed is messed up too. The file doesn't load correctly into CSV-capable applications such as OpenOffice Calc. Loading the resulting CSV file in a text editor and enabling the display of non-visible characters (Textpad allows this - many other text editors probably do as well) reveal that: - The sex field contains a carriage return, four spaces and two tabs instead of any data (is that Morse code? :) - The Name field also starts with two tabs, four spaces, then two tabs, and finally the actual Name - First line of the whole file is a carriage return - the first line should begin with the actual field names, with nothing before them There is also the matter of missing data (which IS available through a different XML feed available at a different URL, proving that the data is readily available to the EQ2Players website to expose), but that would count as 'new features wished'. I'd be happy if the first two items were at least fixed, as they are actual bugs preventing proper use of these two features.
  5. ARCHIVED-Pendant Guest

[p]The two biggest issues I have with EQ2 are to do with the guild website functionality (or rather, lack of).[/p][p]1. 'Login loop' - sometimes I can log in, sometimes not. When I can't, I get into a loop. Enter login (correctly) - return to enter login page. Over and over. Sometimes I can go back to the original page, login again and works - sometimes not. This has been this way for me and many others for MONTHS, with no feedback.[/p][p]2. 'Â' characters appearing on guild websites. Seems to be related to the use of the Windows Clipboard. Customer Support totally unsupportive. Please fix, getting old.[/p]
  6. ARCHIVED-Harizai Guest

still can't create guild forums.
  7. ARCHIVED-mellowknees72 Guest

[p] [/p][p]Just wondering if the issues surrounding the EQ2Players "upgrades" are causing the rankings to be missing for new characters?[/p]
  8. ARCHIVED-fyola Guest

[size="small"][face="courier new,courier"]ok when exactly is these leaderboards suppose to be updated ?? I've been checking My toon's total wealth since the beginning of this month and his ranking at 12th hasn't changed at all. He also has leveled since that time and it shows that he's still a lvl 17. When is this going to be corrected??[/face][/size]
  9. ARCHIVED-hammerr30 Guest

So.... are you guys ever planning on updating the leaderboards now that I'm paying you another $0.99 a month on top of the two Station access accounts and the two other standard accounts in my house? Or are you planning on the standard SOE gameplan of waiting til you get to a certain financial plateau to actually fully implement the services you promise.
  10. ARCHIVED-mellowknees72 Guest

[p]* cough * [/p][p]Is there an estimation of when the leaderboards will be updated? [/p][p]Pretty, pretty please? :lol:[/p]
  11. ARCHIVED-Pendant Guest

[p]Off-topic since this is now March...[/p][p]I've stumbled across a new version of the guild forums. Which indicates that there's finally some activity behind the scenes, which is good... but there's clearly very little in the way of notification about these changes, which is bad.[/p][p]And I've just spent the last hour composing a new article for the guild's forum, and I hit 'submit' and got 'access denied', which is VERY bad :([/p][p]Fortunately I did select the text and I hit control+c to copy it to the Windows clipboard. So all is not lost.[/p][p]/em head back to try to navigate back to the guild forums again. Which at present seems totally impossible.[/p][p]'You are in a maze of twisty passages, all alike'... I've been here before :([/p]
  12. ARCHIVED-Badaxe Bart Guest

[p]Since the changeover.........[/p][p]Recently you requested personal assistance from the Sony Online Entertainment Support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response. If this issue is not resolved to your satisfaction, you may reopen it or add additional comments within the next 7 day[/p][p]Subject[/p] [p]Request for update on status[/p] [p]Discussion Thread[/p] [p]Response (TSR Bill C.)[/p][align=right]03/02/2007 04:59 PM[p]Hello XXXXX, There is no update on your issue with the Station Players Web Features at this time. The issue already has been duplicated on our end and our dev teams have been made aware. We will contact you via e-mail once this matter has been resolved. -Bill[/p] [p]Customer (XXXXXXXXXX)[/p][align=right]03/01/2007 06:26 AM[p]I have read this mail twice now in the hopes of some understanding, and yet I cannot comprehend how my responding to a blank response email would have given any indication of my issue being resolved, when no such response was even asked for. As for my issue being solved, I would think that should come from you telling me its been fixed, not me telling you, as I have no control over stationplayers.com or its websites. QUIT SHUFFLING THIS AROUND AND GET IT RIGHT! ______________________________________[/p] [p]Customer (XXXXXXXXXX)[/p][align=right]03/01/2007 05:59 AM[p]If I can do a search and find my guild then this issue is resolved. If I can't then it isn't resolved, and You've been taking my money since November 2006 under false pretenses.[/p] [p]Response (Sr. Tech Eric R.)[/p][align=right]02/22/2007 08:55 AM[p]Greetings, It seems that this incident is a duplicate inquiry. Please see my response in incident number 061227-000767. Thank you. Regards, Eric R Senior Technical Representative Sony Online Entertainment[/p] [p]Response (Sr. Tech Eric R.)[/p][align=right]02/21/2007 03:07 PM[p]Greetings, This is just a quick follow-up to let you know that your issue has not been forgotten. Your reference incident will be set to "Unresolved" and I'll be addressing it as soon as I can. I apologize in for the delay. If you have any additional concerns, questions, or comments, please feel free to respond back. Sorry for the inconvenience. Regards, Eric R Senior Technical Representative Sony Online Entertainment[/p] [p]Customer (XXXXXXXXXX)[/p][align=right]12/27/2006 12:57 PM[p]This is a request for an update on the status of fixing the station player guild search and pvp status search for Venekor. Attached a copy of the original email response from csr w/details.[/p] [p]Question Reference #061227-000808[/p] [align=right]Escalation Level: [p]10 Day Escalation[/p][align=right]Product Level 1: [p]Station Players Web Features[/p][align=right]Product Level 2: [p]EverQuest II[/p][align=right]Category Level 1: [p]General[/p][align=right]Date Created: [p]12/27/2006 12:57 PM[/p][align=right]Last Updated: [/align]03/02/2007 04:59 PM[/align]Status: [/align]Solved[/align]First Name: [/align]xxxxxx[/align]Last Name: [/align]xxxxxxx[/align] Please visit our Knowledge Base at http://www.station.sony.com/kb for up to date information for all of our games. If the Knowledge Base does not answer your question, please use the "Ask a Question" tab to submit an email, or use the "Live Help" tab to chat live with a CSR MON-FRI 10:00AM-7:00PM PST. Phone support for all SOE titles is available 10:00AM-7:00PM PST, at (858)537-0898. Also, MON-FRI 9:00AM-5:30PM GMT at 0845 6004263 or 01895 204440 Phone support for Star Wars Galaxies is available MON-FRI 10:00AM-7:00PM PST, at (858) 790-7827(STAR). Also, MON-FRI 9:00AM-5:30PM GMT at 0845 6004263 or 01895 204440 German Support can be reached MON-FRI 10:00AM - 6:00PM CET at 0800-1016203 French Support can be reached MON-FRI 10:00AM - 6:00PM CET at 0800-916481 Regards, TSR Bill C. Sony Online Entertainment[/align][hr] [/align]This is just one email I've received, of which I've gotten several, all stating the same thing. [/align]BROKE![/align]
  13. ARCHIVED-SOE-Jabru Guest