EQ2 newbie wanna play a Healer...

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Nurse_MGP, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Nurse_MGP New Member

So played pretty much every major MMO going back to Ultima Online, and except for UO I have been a healer in all of them. Never played EQ2 before and tired of waiting for GoD to be released on Phinny. I want to roll a healer but all of the info I can find on the different healer classes relates to them at level 100 or whatever the max is on the normal servers. Can anyone give me a short TLDR version of the different healers so I can try and figure out which one I wanna play?
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

Priests - main stat is wisdom& All heal

Shaper Type - Has a pet (construct) can heal some
    • Channeler - a leather armor wearing, bow wielding healer. They use a pet called a Construct to absorb damage for a group member.

Druid Type - leather wearing Direct Healing by means of fast-casting, generally heal-over-time spells (HoT), have root and nuke abilities and are considered strong solo classes
    • Fury fast-casting heal-over-times that are marginally less healing than those of the Warden; however, the Fury possesses a number of impressive direct damage and encounter nukes, Fury is more of a ranged caster and has an edge in DPS
    • Warden fast-casting heal-over-times that are marginally better healing than those of the Fury; however, instead of large damage spells, the Warden posses a number of limited crowd-control capabilities such as a root, is more melee-oriented and a somewhat stronger healer
    Cleric Type - plate-wearing Reactive Healing - Pre-emptive reactive healing that applies as needed when damage occurs; some slow-casting direct heals
    • Templar slow-casting but very large reactive heals; lots of buffs to elemental and physical resistances for group/raid members, Templars have a variety of healing tools including reactive heals that proc when the target takes damage. Their DPS output in considered poor, and while they can be competent soloers in the right hands, you’ll likely need to do a lot of self-healing to make them effective.
    • Inquisitor not-quite-as-slow-casting but not as large reactive heals as the Templar; lots of buffs to group damage output and enemy debuffs, Inquisitors also have a variety of healing tools, with an emphasis on reactive heals and debuffs, and can spec into a very desirable soloing configuration with good DPS.
    Shaman Type - chain-wearing Ward Healing -Preventing damage through protective wards; some slow-casting direct heals, strong debuffs and decent melee DPS, weak spirit pets
    • Mystic ward-based healer with some light direct-damage elemental spells, higher burst
    • Defiler ward-based healer with debuffs and some light direct-damage noxious spells, more DoTs
    santargria and Karakis like this.
  3. Nurse_MGP New Member

4. Karakis New Member

To caveat what Katz said...Shamans are more buff related. If you played EQ1 you know how mystic and defiler base work. The added thing in EQ2 is Warding. Which are pre-pull casts that do exactly what it sounds like. Like a stone skin it blocks a set amount of damage. You can not stack wards but you can know roughly the damage done and chain them to prevent health loss to tank and group.

Templars are again Pre pull casts heals Reactive meaning tank is healed each time he takes damage for a set amount.

Druids(Warden/Fury) are Heals over time and do not require pre pull casting. and you can stack the HOTs so this is the best and most forgiving healer to play in my opinion.

I play both Mystic and Warden in EQ2 and played Shaman in EQ1. I prefer them both over Templar but that is personal opinion not something specific in the game that makes them better. It's up to how you like to heal...I will say this though...Druids get travel spells that let you travel to druid rings around the worlds. Not very important on normal servers but for a TLE like Fallen gate, Wizards and Druids are the Taxi service classes which can be an added source of income.
  5. Karakis New Member

6. Katz Well-Known Member

I've got most classes but play my Warden most of the time. She is just plain fun to play. My templar was so painful leveling that I boosted her to level 95.
    Kittybock likes this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Incorrect. Wards DO stack.
    The first ward cast is the first ward used. So if you cast single target ward on the tank and group ward after. The damage will come off the single target ward first. If the damage exceeds the single target ward, it will be stopped by the group ward if it is still up and still has protection left to it.
  8. Nurse_MGP New Member

Might give Warden or Fury a go then. I really loved my Resto Druid in WoW so if they are the HoT class gonna see if I enjoy them.
    Kittybock likes this.
  9. Karakis New Member

I should have been more specific. Yes you CAN stack single and group ward but you can not spam cast single wards 2-3 times on the tank and they all stack. Only 1 of each ward can be active at once like the above states.
  10. Karakis New Member

Warden has better heals, Fury does better DPS or at least they did at launch. Not sure if it still counts on FG, going to find out tonight when I finally make a toon there tonight. Better late than never eh?
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Nor can you with HoTs. If you recast the same HoT on a toon before it expires it overwrites, it does not stack.
  12. Kari Well-Known Member

Warden/Fury are also popular because of the travel convenience. Once they hit level 25 they can port around the world instead of spending 15 minutes running somewhere. After playing a mystic on the first TLE server I have gone warden on this one for the speed and convenience.
    Mermut likes this.
  13. Nurse_MGP New Member

i seriously dont understand how people are 30+ already. All I do is sit around spamming LFG channel, Guild chat, /shout inside Wailing Caves and cant buy a group. Might reroll a Necro or something cause theres no point playing a healer if theres no one to heal. Also I ran out of quests that arent orange/red. Am I missing something as to how people are leveling so fast?