EQ2 need Changes!!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tupperbeast, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Xevran Well-Known Member

Pretty much the exact opposite is true, OSRS and WoW Classic were both very successful. Which speaking of, TLE could be capitalizing on that too if Daybreak would put more effort/money into it. Classic EQ2 is a good game and a proper version of it could hold a playerbase, just not when it's half baked and largely ignored by the development team.
    Wulfgyr and Rosyposy like this.
  2. Xevran Well-Known Member

Based on...? Also why are you so concerned over how much money Daybreak is making? Are you an investor or something?
    Wulfgyr and That guy. like this.
  3. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

T-shirt sales. EQ1 shirts sold out in 1 month. (This is not scientific, I know).

EQ1 gets first-class treatment (little to no microtransactions, dev love), while it looks like they are trying to keep EQ2 afloat. EQ2 F2P is too generous but it's probably too late to change the revenue streams (shift from microtransaction mix to a more restrictive F2P model).
  4. Bludd Well-Known Member

i dont want to go back to spawn camping the lion in the commonlands
    i dont want to go back to sub-combines just to craft a new shirt
    never again
  5. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Maybe they could make a start by actually reading the bug forum.
  6. Xevran Well-Known Member

I didn't say anything about that? I said they should put actual effort into TLE, not restore how the game was at launch.
  7. Elkana Active Member

Make no mistake, there can be no reverting back to anything. No company ever has said, "We should take our revenue, our money making, and cut it back." We can all agree to that. We can only hope that moving forward it doesn't get to where we can't even play the game.
    I'm sure that in the board meetings sits some fat cat saying to the development crew. "Our demography is a bunch of unsocial nerds, they'll do anything to feel powerful. Even pay us ungodly amounts of money! Keep piling on the PTW features." Yeah, I can see that happening.
    Erudinel likes this.
  8. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Bring it all on. WORTS, class quests, citizenship quests, access quests, soul shards, wyrmsteel, unconsolidated primary stats and resists, no blue stats other than procs and worn effects, overland heroics and epics, fail lockouts, all of it.
    Breanna and Wulfgyr like this.
  9. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

Agreed!

At least there would be something "to do" other than logging in, rolling the dice, then sitting around waiting to be able to roll the dice some more.
  10. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

What they should be asking themselves is, "how much do we lose buy reverting X, vs how much we gain by potentially enticing people back by reverting X?" If people are leaving and on the way out of the door they're saying something like they like the game and all, but the cash shop stuff is getting out of hand, your response shouldn't be to add more stuff to the cash shop to make up for that lost revenue, it should be to focus on what you can do to win that person back, because if you can convince them, there are probably many more like-minded folks that would follow suit.

I think that's probably a bit extreme, but even that might be preferable to the current state of affairs. Personally, if it went back to around 2007-2008, I'd be fine with that. Plenty of QoL improvements but still relatively challenging, and before all the massive mechanics/itemization changes that came post-TSO that basically gutted the old content.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Well, I *did* leave out shared debt lol.
  12. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Well, on the upside, there are new loot boxes.

You get a shot at a level 120 unlocked merc, but wait, there's more!

You also get a new coin(s), and you only need 7,000 coins to purchase a BIS mount from the loot vendor.

RNG+P2W.......that's awesome :)
  13. Wulfgyr I've got friends in EQ2Wire places

I think you and I have very different definitions for awesome. (said with tongue-in-cheek)

Sounds more like preparing for a Brazilian wax with a cheese grater.
    Argosunited and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

No, no, no. This really is awesome.

I've been informed that one can earn 1-4 coins per spin (doubled for members). So, that means best case scenario, it will only take 875 spins and $1,391.00 to get the bis mount.

Of course, well, if we assume and average of say 2 coins (+2 for membership), that's only 1,750 spins and $2,782.50 cents to get the mount.

But take heart, people! I've also been informed that the merc and buff (should you win it) is also super-uber. Like definite p2w uber.

Hopefully, they'll keep rolling out new crates every three months.
    Argosunited and Wulfgyr like this.
  15. Erudinel Conceptualized a turd in a toilet sometime in 2005

Honestly they should post the odds to win each item in the crates. It is after all a form of gambling. One that SOE/DBG/DPG is clearly intent on exploiting as far as they can.
  16. Tren Member

Agree. If Final Fantasy XIV can survive Eureka and Pagos, then being "old school" is absolutely not the issue.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  17. Tren Member

There isn't much worth paying for, considering the player base size, the number of servers for that size of a player base, and the way the game is managed now. About 1/3rd of the current player base is probably shuffled from progression server to progression server.

The rest of fractured across numerous "very low population servers"; and then you deal with the issue of not everyone being a casual, and not everyone is a raider, and not everyone is a serious group content runner.

By the tail end of DoV, it was already becoming extremely hard to maintain a raid group in this game, for example.

The game just feels dead to most people who pick it up, so they need an incentive to weather that storm. People who want a legit 1-max leveling experience are going to have a hard time due to Heroic Characters and the game's age ensuring that most people have their alts are decently high levels, at this point.

The F2P system was harsher when EQ2X was first released - the reviews were equally harsh :-/

The issue is that they have to allow this in order to get people to play the game, which can allow them to at least sell expansions and fund the development of those expansions. Otherwise, the game would simply lose money (or make almost none), which isn't great for those players who still enjoy playing it.

When they started moving things out of Expansions and onto the store (starting with Age of Discovery) is when I pretty much jumped ship. That is always a good indication of when a game's development is taking a radical turn - and it definitely did. I'm almost certain they were going exploring going that route completely, but balked due to the reception of that model.

I don't play games where I have to exchange IRL $$$ for "made up $$$," usually with prices such that you have to overpay for every item just to be able to afford it (due to the way the items are priced and the currency is sold). It's a scheme to make profits by nickle and diming hundreds of thousands of users. Guild Wars 2 is the only game with a Store Currency system that makes sense, and you basically never "need" to go there, Lol.