EQ2, Itemization, and You!

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ARCHIVED-Archonix, Feb 17, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Lady Uaelrea Guest

I think (+)damage, haste, 2 crit chance for spells, mana regen on one item for end gear.
    Something like for level 80 robe:
    46int, 30sta, 30 wis, 30 agi
    +4disruption, + 4 subjugation
    +1,096 poison, +1,096 disease, +1,096 mental, +1,096 divine, +1,096 cold, +1,096 heat
    +100 vs crushing, +100 vs piercing
    10 mana regen per tick
    10 health regen per tick
    5% haste to caster
    2+ crit to spell
    I guess this would be a dream robe - but I could be wrong people may say it is overpowered.
  2. ARCHIVED-Virulence Guest

Didnt read all 20+ pages but I would guess items like this really sum up the issue:
    [IMG]
    To modify this item to bring it in line with such items as:
    [IMG]

I would add a similar proc and increased spell dmg crit. Seems easy enough to correct those items already in the game. Given that proc are a bit bugged with expansion another way to go would be to add a 10% spell reuse reduction effect to Thuuga's Crest or reuse reduction in combination with +Spell Crit.
  3. ARCHIVED-KevinT Guest

Went looking through a list of Fabled weapons, and found a really nice weapon that had Bard written all over it with one huge problem for Troubadors. If you're a Dirge, the weapon is fine. However, the weapon had a DoT on it. As a Troubador, I can't use this weapon while soloing or playing in a single group where I'm mezzing. One proc, and suddenly mezz is useless. So please, if you're going to make a weapon you expect Troubadors to use, don't put a DoT on it. Make it DD or just put something else useful on it.
    Here's three examples of Fabled weapons from Veeshan's Peak technically usable by Troubs but with DoT's on them (assuming that LootDB.com is accurate):
    Claw of Khalen
    Incandescent Blade (Every stat a troub would ever want...but there's that DoT!)
    Tearful Soulspear
    I have to admit, when I saw the DoT's on those three weapons, I cried. And then there's stuff like this:
    Skygazer's Tooth
    I'm a Troub....I'm never, ever, ever gonna get aggro. Why do I care if there's an aggro reducing proc? Troubs don't need threat reduction and DoT's are the anti-mez. So, other than Ekron's Blade, which is sadly lacking the strength stat of the other weapons listed, where's the troub weapons?
    Now, troubs can't mez anything on Raids because they can't mezz anything Epic x 2 and above (unless the level 80 mez which I don't have yet changes that), so if my troub is doing NOTHING but raiding, those weapons are fine. But when I'm not raiding and I want to solo or run with my friends in a single instance and I think I might want to mezz anything, I can't use them.