EQ2 Design Gallery - January Forum Challenge

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Afista, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Afista Well-Known Member

Theme: A Pet’s Paradise

Do you have a special 2 or 4 legged pet? How about a pet covered in scales or fur? How have you created an inviting space for your special friend? Whether it’s a multi-story cat tower or a canine’s dream doghouse, we’d love to see what you’ve done to welcome your pet into your Norrathian home!

Submission info: Please post your character name and server along with your screenshot showcasing how you’ve created a special space for your animal. Players may use plushies, pets, or converted mounts for this challenge.

Dates: This challenge will be for photos posted from January 1st through January 14th. A winning name will be chosen on or before January 21st and posted in this thread. Winner will also be contacted via forum PM.

Selecting a Winner: There will be no “judging” to determine a winner. A winning name will be selected using a random name picker (thanks for the idea Cheri! )

Rules: Please feel free to post as many images as you like, but the poster’s name will only be entered once into the drawing.

Prize: "Animal Plushie Pack" from the Station Cash marketplace (320SC value)

These animals could use a good home and who better to care for them than you?! Prize will be delivered right after the winner is selected. In the event that the gifting function is down on the SC marketplace at the time of selection (yeah, it happens :p ), the prize will be delivered ASAP when the gifting function is fixed.

[IMG]

This is meant to be a fun challenge to encourage people to share their creations. Whether you have just started decorating in EQ2 or have been doing this for years, we’d love to see what you come up with!

I'd like to run a challenge like this each month. It's something small, but will hopefully generate a lot of idea sharing :) You can check out the CONTEST PAGE on EQ2 Design Gallery to follow along with what's current, or check back on these forums monthly.
  2. Afista Well-Known Member

Here's a little on of mine. Just putting it up for formatting :)

Character: Afista
    Server: Crushbone

About your pet (optional): This is Iggy. He's a good pet who doesn't shed fur everywhere and likes to roam the streets of Maj'Dul for his own food. He scares away the mice and I reward him with a soft pillow, warm corner to sleep, and an occasional game of fetch. Who knew an iguana could play fetch, right?

[IMG]
  3. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

And we post it here?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Afista Well-Known Member

Yes, but if anyone cannot post images for some reason they can e-mail me the pic and I'd be happy to post it for them :)
  5. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

Oh my, which pet do I start with first?

Character: Boglily
    Server: Antonia Bayle

This is Boglily's warg, who was retired from service after an accident involving a fall off a cliff. He was given a balcony of his own with cushy pillows to roll in and koi to bark at.
    [IMG]

This is Snowflake, the ice dragon that keeps patrol on the island I just finished for my husband.
    [IMG]

This is Gilda, the gryphon that guards my bruiser's warehouses.
    [IMG]

And Bellflower (my alt) has an entire island dedicated to her pets. Of course, all the animals decided to hide when I snapped that screenshot.
    [IMG]
    Glenorian, Littlewolf, Tariya and 2 others like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Of course...well, now you can tell them to "Stay!" and mean it! ;->

Uwk
    Glenorian and Sapphirius like this.
  7. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

I also have a special place in CMAP's guild hall for a baby pink bovich, but I figured I'd posted enough pics.
  8. Mystfit Well-Known Member

9. grlnxtdr Active Member

If someone could tell me (in as plain english as Possible, please :p ) how to find and post screen shots? I'd like to post some of my "Pet Pictures"
  10. Mystfit Well-Known Member

First you need a place for the images to live on the internet. they can't be on your hard drive only. So, are you familiar with that process? Do a google search for free image hosting (like photobucket) and get the images there. Then we can show you how to let us see them!!
    Your computer will have a place where all the eq2 files are..where the game runs...inside that file is a file for screenshots. Look there for the pictures you want. For example, mine is c:programfiles/song/everquest 2/screenshots. Yours could be different.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Tariya like this.
  11. Katz Well-Known Member

[IMG]This is my pet dragon room (its the hidden room in the Freeport house). They have a plate of rats for food and you can see the edge of the water bowl at the bottom right. They also have a void beast to keep them entertained.

Character: Alynaryne
    Server: Everfrost
    Glenorian, Littlewolf, TarnaX and 3 others like this.
  12. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

Character: Justinalyn
    Server: Guk
    House: 2 Lucie street, south Qeynos (published "the Reveaw family row home" in Medium homes)

[IMG]

this is Snowball the baby ice dragon. she was a rescue from a dragon shelter in Frostfell last year and I knew she had to come home with me and be part of our family. :) she loves to sleep right by the fireplace and eats lots of fish, and sometimes play with Bosco in the back yard. but most of all she loves to curl up in a ball laying on her favorite rug. she's very quiet most of the time.

[IMG]

here's Shadow (on right) and Kalli (on the left) the seeker of cheese. (tortoiseshell shorthair Guinea pigs in real life) they are very lovable pets but very noisy when they wheek for food pallets and hay. they loved to be petted on their backs and they do purr like a cat. ;) they like to walk around and explore around the room when I take them out of the cage, but they always get in to things where their not supposed too. so that's why baskets come in handy for them to stay in their area. Jasmine keep's on eye on them too since she's very protective of them.

[IMG]

this is jasmine an Antonican bobtail cat. (tortoiseshell tuxedo shorthair in real life) she is a hyper active cat that likes to get in to trouble most of the time. she's very playful and likes to play with her scratching post and sometimes want's to get attention by scratching on the furniture while no one's looking. she doesn't like to be picked up and held but she loves to be petted and scratched behind her ears. she's very sociable and greets visitors by the door. when it's bedtime, she wait's for you to go to bed and sleeps on your legs, we call her "the leg hogger."

[IMG]

this is Patches a stray alley cat. (shorthair Calico in real life, passed away in April 3rd, 2013 in age of 18) one of my husband and I's very first pet we ever purchased when we were living in Willowood back in 2006. she's a lovable cat that loves to purr all the time. when you pass her, pet her or feed her she will purr till she goes to sleep. she loves to play with her pet mouse and flips up in the air and catches it in her mouth and also play with the scratching post in the living room. her and Jasmine are best pals and Jasmine look's up to her as her mother since Jasmine is still a kitten.

[IMG]

this is Bosco a Halasian mauler. (black lab and wolf in real life, passed away in November 29th, 2007 in age of 17) one of my husband and I's very first pet we ever purchased when we we're living in Willowood back in 2006. he's calm, friendly and always beg for food that's on the table. and he's a great guard dog to watch the house when we're out fighting. also he's great with our guineas (seeker of cheese) and cats. ;)
    Glenorian, Littlewolf, TarnaX and 5 others like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, I guess you could call my "house guests" pets in my alt Abrahm's place on Test...the tank/rooms were originally built for him, but it only seemed fitting that any pets would also be comfy there:
    [IMG]
    Here, you can see the octopus, a glimpse of the crab in the background, and a very, very still sailfin...

A better shot from the opposite end, showing more of the "kids," including the shark, the piranha and a better view of the crab:
    [IMG]
    (and yeah, I probably should've done some sort of different flooring in there, but I liked the look, and we had far fewer choices of Tiles back then)

This is the entrance/tunnel passage to the bedroom, with even more pets within and a nice close-up of the Entry Room kids:
    [IMG]
    (I always liked the Hitching Post for the shark, even though there's not a lot of room to ride around in. We'll be moving from the 4-room New Halas place Soon(TM))

These are the new kids, in the bedroom with the old kid (the sleeping baby dragon that Blueboy is poking at):
    [IMG]
    Sunny, the yellow one, is watching eagerly for any new visitors to the house, while Redstar is looking aghast at the tapestry of Luclin on the wall opposite (out of view): "Did YOU do that?!" (Abe is an Erudite, and denies all responsibility)

He finally decided to get them something useful to do to keep them out of mischief; he's doomed to be disappointed...

Before Picture:
    [IMG]

During Picture, when Abe caught sight of the LOOK they all shared amongst themselves:
    [IMG]

The After picture is being withheld from public view at Abe's request. ;->

Uwk
    Glenorian, Littlewolf, TarnaX and 6 others like this.
  14. Afista Well-Known Member

There's another week to submit images of your special pets and the spaces you've created for them!

Here's a picture of my bird Oscar. I'm not sure why I have him because I don't really like birds, but this one isn't so bad. He can be a bit of a grouch at times though.
    [IMG]
  15. grlnxtdr Active Member

I still can't figure out how to post screenshots here. Maybe someone could go to my Home on Guk (Islands of Frostfell Wonder, massive Homes) and take some screenshots of my Stable (it's on the island at about one Oclock from the entry Portal, when facing the Portal. There are three islands with animals on them)
  16. Afista Well-Known Member

Sure thing! There were so many things to look at and lots of animals, so I just snapped a few shots. This is a super cute home btw :)

Character: Hissstory
    Server: Guk

A Yeti finds a cozy home atop this Christmas Peak
    [IMG]

The reindeer really enjoy some free range roaming on the lovely main isle
    [IMG]

These animals all find wonderful companionship on their journey to the manger
    [IMG]

But I think the baby Ice Dragon has the best home of them all!
    [IMG]
    Glenorian, Littlewolf, TarnaX and 3 others like this.
  17. grlnxtdr Active Member

Thank you Afista! There is a story that goes with the Yeti and the Ice Dragon. Perhaps once our Wonderfull Guide Norika gets over her illness, she will be able to post the Story of The Lonely Yeti and The Miniature Ice Dragon.
  18. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Here are Mine:

Quiarrah checking on her wolf hound and steppes Cat
    [IMG]

Quiarrah sitting by the fire with her white HUSKY
    [IMG]

Bellatryx's Black cat enjoying a platter of mice and a boul of water by a festive fire.
    [IMG]
    Littlewolf, TarnaX, Charlice and 3 others like this.
  19. Basel Noire Active Member

Character: Basel
    Server: Antonia Bayle

Unlike most people with two and four legged pets the case is not that in our hall. If you have anything shiny, you definitely want to make sure it isn't out. Nelson is our resident pickpocket, with more than five ranks of bluffing under his.. bracelet and a +2 synergy bonus he almost always gets away with fingering an item from our members. I was the unlucky one today, he snagged my lucky die! Despite his thievery skills, we still think Nelson is handy to keep around so we keep his favorite blankey warm. Sometimes you can even find him cuddling his little comfort crate.

[IMG]
  20. Anonymous Decorator New Member

I hope he keeps it until after the next event - I'd like my dice to actually beat yours for once. Say hi to Yaslin for me and tell her to get better quick - I need her to do an inlay for me :confused: