Epic weapon quest. Completed step yet no update.

Discussion in 'Warlock' started by ARCHIVED-OpiTone, Mar 6, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-OpiTone Guest

Ok, I've been trying to finish up The Will of Kyrtoxxulous. Last night I had a nice group focused on making the trek down into Chardok for the step the reet slave send you on, stating: I need to recover the Idol of Yam'alogaeth from the Di'Zok sarnak of Chardok
    The step I am on requires me(us) to kill either the Queen Velazul Dizok or her placeholder. There was an Illusionist in my group who also needed one or the other in order to receive a key for his epic update.

Well, hours and a bunch of death later, we made it to the Queen. This was our second time in the zone and we were happy to finally make it to the end. We killed the Queen, a chest dropped and the Illusionist received his update and I did not. We found this odd but thought there was a slight possibility it would only give one update for one epic at a given time.

My group was nice enough to wait around for either the Queen or placeholder to respawn. The placeholder eventually did spawn and we killed it with the exact same group. It dropped a small chest which I was very happy to see. This had to be my idol now, right? Wrong. The chest only contained a key for the Illusionist... the same key that was already looted by the same Illusionist a little while earlier. There was yet again, no idol or update for me.

Has this happened to anyone? Did I do something wrong? I petitioned last night but have yet to hear back.

Thank you,

Opi
  2. ARCHIVED-Deathspell Guest

Are you sure you are on the right step?
    I remember having an "issue" that the text in the Quest Helper window made me believe I had to retrieve the idol (from the Queen), but in the journal it was a little more elaborated and said I had to find someone (the Reet frog in KJ, that tells me to kill the Queen of Chardok for the idol).
    It was something I looked over and made me go to KJ first while my group was ready for Chardok.

I don't assume someone else would've looted your update, you would've seen that in the loot window.
    Perhaps it was bugged because of the Illusionist? It can never hurt to petition it and ask a GM, if they are willing, they can easily see what went wrong.
  3. ARCHIVED-OpiTone Guest

Yeah, I double-checked that as well. The part before, mentioning the reet slave was checked in my journal as I already did speak with him. I went there again afterwards just to see if I would get any type of update but without luck.

Nope, I definitely didn't see anyone else loot anything worthwhile regarding the quest. We were all pretty aware of what we were there for.

Ah well, I guess I'll just see if a gm responds. I'm just hesitant to waste the time trying to kill the Queen another time for fear of not receiving the update yet again.
  4. ARCHIVED-OpiTone Guest

I just wanted to update this in case someone encounters something similar. The GM's responded to my petition and after the first general e-mail sent, they were quite helpful. They saw I indeed killed the Queen, put the idol in my inventory and updated my quest journal.

Thank you gm's Hightower and Yxyran for your assistance!
  5. ARCHIVED-Bad-Moon Guest

Do you recall if you had NBG set as your loot setting? It is possible that the idol got assigned to another person because of round robin.
    The post I read indicated they had it set to NBG Legendary+ and it assigned the Conjuror's update to another groupmember. http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=410567.
    Proly sticking with standard lotto while doing my epic updates.
  6. ARCHIVED-OpiTone Guest

Yeah, I read that the other day and that's what we imagine happened. Yes, definitely stick to the standard lotto to be safe!