Fixed Internally Epic Spell Quest false upgrade message

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Kaladz, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Kaladz Active Member

Category: Content
    SubCategory: Quest Related
    Severity: Affects gameplay
    Frequency: Always Happens

Summary: Epic Spell Quest false upgrade message
    Description: Regarding the epic spell quest, 'Swashbuckler's Dastardly Plan' in my case, I received a message indicating You feel a surge of immense power, upgrading your scroll to Ancient!, however the epic spell quest did not upgrade. It looks like it gave a false message of success. This also happened to another member of our guild another night but they received their Ancient after a further kill and I did not.

[IMG]
    Smashey, Breanna, Dude and 2 others like this.
  2. Twyla Well-Known Member

Helpful to give the character name(s) and server(s)
    Dude likes this.
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

It's like camping the AC; you need flawless fights while standing on one foot and yelling ANCIENT DROP 300 times at 7 pm server time...
    I would be happy to see the fake text just once! :D
    Kaladz is on Maj`dul and I was there when it happened.
    Dude likes this.
  4. Gninja Developer

I am investigating this one already, its being tempermental. Sorry for getting hopes up! It is working when it should, its just sending the message as if it updated when it shouldn't.
    Dude, Twyla, Kaladz and 1 other person like this.
  5. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

Fake messages three different times on two different toons. This is a really frustrating bug. Having had to run the solo over thirty times for one toon's update at the beginning, this is not amusing.
    Kuulei and Dude like this.
  6. Gninja Developer

Please include boss it happened on and the class of the player that got the message so I can check the path it takes. I am testing with a bunch of different clases trying to find the issue.
  7. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

I wasn't keeping track until recently. The only one I wrote down when it happened was a fake update on my channeler from killing Malformed Prophet.
    Gninja likes this.
  8. Shwetty Active Member

A couple from our raid got this last night after killing the mushroom, only 2 fury's actually got the ancient, but other classes got the message.
  9. Kaladz Active Member

Swashbuckler.

Checked my logs and here are the kills and dates of the messages:
    3/16 -> Kiori, the Jellyfisher Ancient
    3/28 -> Hambalumi
    3/29 -> Ragtag the Despoiler
  10. Ratalthor Developer

Is anyone still seeing this issue?
    Taled likes this.
  11. Gninja Developer

This should be resolved with the Game Update last week. Let me know if you get anymore false messages.
    Taled likes this.
  12. Gninja Developer

Posting this here since it was mentioned in discord:

The chance for it to update increases the more you use the epic ability. How much it increases each cast is dependent on the class and how the epic ability works. If its castable more often it increases slower than ones not cast very often due to the way it works. The chance cannot go all the way to 100%. 75% chance at getting the update is the cap.
  13. Bentenn Well-Known Member

So since our first update is on T2 mobs.. and we kill them under 6 mins (Now), and have been clearing T2 for awhile..I as a bard essentially get one shot of using my epic spell.. sounds about right....

The RNG on having something that is most likely needed to be higher than GM eventually, really should not come off a random update, and it's super frustrating when you're RNG really isn't the best. We can all sit here and talk about RNG is RNG, but we all know better lol.

I mean these could've been tied to actual kills, making it still behind raid mob kills and advancing as the raid force advanced. I just don't understand why we have to make everything just straight up random.