Epic Eq2 vid made by the japanese

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ARCHIVED-Pitt Hammerfist, Jun 11, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Pitt Hammerfist Guest

Why cant eq2 marketing ever make a video as epic as this ?.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZuA_q6jbNA
    The SOE Marketing team have access to godmode, and could just zoom around to all the strange and wonderful bosses and places in eq2 that non eq2 players will never ever see..
    good marketing imo

It's pretty much the only video i've seen in 5 years that does EQ2 justice..
  2. ARCHIVED-Iksar_God Guest

I've gotta agree with you there, this is the best EQ2 video that I've seen to date. Take snippets of that, throw in some dramatic orchestra music & you've got yourself a commercial for TV that people will actually watch, imo
  3. ARCHIVED-Nayawk Guest

While I agree it is a good video, and it is good, I'm not sure it is that great for marketing. Certainly for me anyway.
    If it was my first look at EQ2 it certainly wouldn't make my buy on the spot, mainly because player characters are mostly missing from the video and when they are in it for a second, they are tiny. It would for me have been a more successful , balanced video if they had spent some of the time spinning around a few player races as well as all boss mobs all the time.
  4. ARCHIVED-Destructor646 Guest

Holy cow that was beautiful.
    I always knew that EQ2 was a fantastic looking game, but you don't really see it until you've looked at the big picture, like in this movie. The scene changes are timed perfectly with the music, and you get to see a lot of the world (including a ton of instances) in the process.
    Personally, I don't think they used any sort of 'godmode' cheat to do this either. Faction, being higher level than the mobs in question, not being the player that pulled the mob, etc, allows them to get a lot of the footage used here.
  5. ARCHIVED-Chuina Guest

simply gorgeous! I wish everyone could see how beautiful Norrath in Eq2 really is.. too bad most of them will never see some of the content.

Make it shorter and put it on tv for the world to see!
  6. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

They should run a contest: make the best 25 second EQ2 in-game video for advertisement. Some people that play EQ2 are very talented when it comes to putting videos together. SOE has made a few nice ones (their Velious teaser video was good), but there is no well of raw untapped power like community submissions.
  7. ARCHIVED-tatercake Guest

A contest would be a bit rough, 6-8 weeks run time.... besides, my entry wouldn't work for you humans, I'd be too camelid-biased.
  8. ARCHIVED-Destructor646 Guest

As awesome as this video is, it makes me sad to know that we'll NEVER see the spell effects look this cool ever again.
  9. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

Really nice work. I dont think it would work for advertising but OMG, something like this at Fan Faire to get a crowd of Veteran players to show where they have been just before you show them where they are going? Absolutely!