EoF mid content

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Tetley, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Tetley Member

I’m assuming for the EoF mid content release we are getting EoF Hunters quest/token gear, Shard of Fear and Unrest.
    I’m begging the game Devs to implement a few things and make a few changes.
    The gear from these 2 zones, on live, is presently underwhelming. can we please have the items upgraded so 95% of the gear from each zone isn’t transmute/vendor trash? And maybe get some of the items examined and change around the stats a bit to make them fit certain archetypes a little better.
    From what I’ve seen from EoF so far it seems like Tanks, Mages and Healers can find pretty good upgrades to just about every slot with charms probably being the rarest slot to get a good upgrade. A lot of Scouts are still using KoS items as BIS. As EoF came with stat increases it would be nice if scouts could find EoF items that fit their needs a little better.
    As we won’t be receiving new raid content I think it is really important that you guys get Unrest and SoF to a point where they take longer then 15-20 mins to complete and players will want to run these 2 zones as much as possible for the next 2 months before RoK release. I guess by getting players to want to run the zones more I mean adjust rarity and quality of the loot.
    A few other things that I hope get adjusted or changed are things like
    - adding Bows and ranged wands as Hunter rewards
    - adding some stats to Deity cloaks to make them a viable option
    - adding new items to a EoF raid mobs or adjusting some of the currently existing items so someone would actually use them.
    i can get into greater detail on items which can/should be adjusted if needed.
  2. Bleed Member

Time out for tiny little tea leaves.
  3. Kalika Well-Known Member

Healers ? there is almost no gear with 2 good stats (Amod, Reuse, casting speed) at leat for leather but it seems that plate is not any better. Fury is currently wearing 2-3 mage armor pieces from MMC.

Tanks as before get the best stuff (up to 6 usefull blues) and mage get a decent heroic set (usually not the official set but other pieces).
  4. Tetley Member

Just because it is a cloth piece I don't really consider it mage gear. Show me a piece of cloth with Flurry/MA on it and every scout in game will be after it... In EoF Mit for any class besides a Tank is meh. I play a healer and didn't have any issues getting gear with double stats, there are a few items with one stat I wear but I'm able to get to the levels of CS/RU and AB i'm happy with. Between Tempest, Black silk and EoF fabled set gear your stats are covered on the armor side of things. In regards to jewelry pick a slot and i'll tell you where to get a piece for Healer or Mage. It may not be a perfect piece but there are options even if it has just 1 stat.
    Scouts are searching for combos of MA/DPS, MA /Flurry, DPS/Flurry which there are very, very few of which is why when you look at Scouts even from the top end raiding guilds they are still wearing some KoS stuff. I'm not against wearing gear from a different expansion it is more about gaining the stats they need to be effective in their rolls and giving them a reason to log in and play. Mages and Healers are both able to get their CS/RU/ABmod to good levels. Scouts can up their MA or DPS at the cost of other stats but there is no way to get the gear with proper combos, from EoF gear, to not lose out on some other stat. Besides Assassin, MA is something scouts need a lot of on their gear and every Scout is looking to get DPSmod as high as possible (and with exception to The CMM wrist and an avatar wrist) any item with Flurry from EoF (very few) takes away from the other 2 stats.
    I'm sure there are slots which are weak for every class but there are a lot of people who play scouts who are losing interest because of the lack of attention given to the gear for them.
    My original post isn't aimed at starting a discussion of "this class is better off then that class" its aimed at somebody/anybody who can correct the current state of what is the timed locked expansion servers itemization and item progression.
  5. Seth Well-Known Member

you hear that tanks, if you see cloth gear with hate gain on it. nab it asap.
    Kittik and Kalika like this.
  6. Kalika Well-Known Member

I never mentionned jewelry as being a problem, no for armor when my fury rolls for cloth items people are usually dubious and it must be even worst for a templar rolling on cloth armor (because the mitigation gap is larger). On top there are reason if healers do get more mitigation than mages, obvious ones.

Something is rather wrong when the only good healer armor options are cloth items.

If people need to roll across armor types it is wrong, because as you wrote plate (templar, tanks) can roll on anything, druids only on two types and mage only on one.
  7. Kittik Well-Known Member

My Please Please Please to the DarkPaw crew. Please don't make Unrest and SoF the only viable zones to run once they are released. If the gear from there is better than everything else, it'll end up being the only zones people will be running. Please make the gear from there compliment the other zones, not out-do it.
  8. Chrexx Active Member

They're planning on releasing hunter's at mid content. My guess is Hunter's will require you to run OOB, COV, Acadechism, CMM, MMC, Unrest, and SOH. 1 mob from 4 of those zones for each quest.
  9. Rayzor Member

Are Hunters new to TLE? Is this the first time to a TLE expansion being without an increase in the level cap? I ask because I'm wondering how much different the Sky Hunter's could be from the Fay Hunter's (or whatever they're called) being same level items.
  10. Kittik Well-Known Member

Well, if all the "new" hunters gear is equal to what is offered at the current hunters gear (ie both being level 70) none of it will be worth the effort because everything from the new raid zones is better than anything you can buy with Sky Hunters tokens.
  11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Pretty sure the new Hunters gear will have stats equal to RoK raid gear, much like Hunters has the same stats as the EoF gear despite being an xpac ago.
  12. Kittik Well-Known Member

Whats the likelihood that the 38 hunters coins I have now are going to be able to be transferred or converted to use with the next batch of hunters gear?
  13. Venser Active Member

Zero since it never has
    Kalika likes this.
  14. Kalika Well-Known Member

Yes and it makes sense, that is why we asked for coins to be heirloom so at least alt could use them. I would also like hunter item to be refundable at 2/3 of the coin price.
  15. Naneeje Well-Known Member

Heirloom coins would be awesome :)
    Watching my monk try to tank end game zones for coins is something everyone should have to go through... everyone.
    You think train wrecks are hard to turn away from...
  16. Zenji Well-Known Member

They won't bring back heirloom coins, we had them and they took it away.

Why does an item need to be refundable? They are BiS or near BiS items that takes very little effort to acquire. If you want another item, just do the 15 quests and earn another.

You have ~ 120 days between each set of new hunter items. Not counting double coin bonuses that always happen at least once each expansion, that's 240 coins or 8 items (could be more if you did it every 18 hours). How many Hunter items do you need?
  17. Kalika Well-Known Member

Are you serious or willing to argue for fun ?

To get a single item you need 15 run of super trivial content and next you find out that due to EoF failed itemization the charm was certainly better or that due to failed mecanics you can tank with a crossbow.

Anyway not only it should refundable but each alt shoul receive a no trade copy currency ....
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Zenji there are those who easily rip through group instances , solo .
    I have been in groups where the group members basically ran through the place and I could barely get a shot or strike of
    I also have been in groups for the hunter quest where I died so often my equipment brock because my group was simply over powered .
    So not everybody has the same skills or equipment , for some it is easy for others it's plain torture.
    I am one of those who have none of those fancy mounts , because only some go back in there and solo the zone and than sell the mount .
    Once my alts get to the level to do todays hunter quest there will be nobody left to help them , or more to the point want to help them .
    Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  19. Zenji Well-Known Member

So are the KoS dungeons too easy or too difficult? Because it can't be both.

If you or anyone else is having struggles in KoS dungeons, 2 months into EoF that is a player problem. It is not a reason to have a refund policy on Hunter gear. It is well known the Devs have limited time and resources, so making a change to get refunds is a waste of both.

EoF Hunters come out next week, so ya it will be hard to find groups for KoS zones. But guess what? It will be easy to find EoF Hunter groups. I'm sorry the 4 months you had to run KoS dungeons wasn't enough time to gear all of your alts. Even if you only did 1 Hunters Quest per day, not counting double coin bonuses or alt runs. You had enough time to get 8 items.
  20. Zenji Well-Known Member

I don't even know how to reply to this.. o_O