Entirely new! Some questions..

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Luxtenebrae, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Luxtenebrae New Member

Ive played mmo's for way too long...

I wanted to give eq2 a try as its one I never really looked into. Few questions..

1. The 100 boost..- should I save this and just do the grind from lvl 1? Boosts are usually frowned upon (in many now a day games)...

2. Any server really low pop I should avoid?

Looking for something new/old if that makes sense..and hope eq2 fills that.

Any new player tips are welcome! Thanks in advance.
  2. Breanna Well-Known Member

Welcome to the game :) I am on Maj' Dul it is decently populated. I would say yes save your boost for now and get to know your character whichever one you decide to play.

You will see a lot of negativity on the forums, but it really is a great game, depending on if you solo or group. The high end players who raid have a lot of complaints right now. You should be fine though at the beginning stages and hopefully they will have the kinks worked out by the time you get leveled up, in case you want to end up raiding.

It is a really fun game if you let it be.

No real tips just pick a character you'd like to play and I would suggest at least level it to 30 to see if you like it or not, once you find one you enjoy playing and learn how to play then use the level boost.
    SierraDawn and Saw-Lau like this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

1. Yes, save it until you get a feel for what class you really want to play.
    2. The lowest population server is Antonia Bayle. I think Maj'Dul and Halls of Fate have the most, but not sure which is the highest in terms of population

Welcome!.
  4. Illeara Active Member

Welcome to Norrath! This game is a great one. Breanna is right: there is a lot of negativity. It will start to affect your gameplay early on if you let it. Some people have valid complaints, but there are too many good things in this game to let the negatives drive you away.

Personally, I would not use the boost. The higher-level content can be great, but all of the steps and zones leading up to it are what have made EQ2 great for so many years.

I am not sure if you are fond of crafting, but I would suggest being as self-sufficient as possible. Some items take a lot of platinum on the broker and prices can get insanely high. Do the tinkering and transmitting dailies so that you can make a repair bot and some items that will make traveling easier (unless you use fast-travel, but I do not).

I am on Halls of Fate and there are many players, but as has been previously stated, Maj'Dul has a healthy population, as well.

Also, you seem to be open to this already, but never be afraid to ask for help in this game. The community can be downright amazing.

Have a great time!
    Saw-Lau, Rosyposy and Breanna like this.
  5. Illeara Active Member

Transmuting dailies, not transmitting, lol.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. Luxtenebrae New Member

Thanks for all the awesome replies.

Ive taken advice and have been messing with a few classes...torn between dirge and shadowknight!

Once I decide I'll hit up looking for a Guild as I am interested in raids and such.

I have not dabbed in crafting yet (will once I figure my main class)

Thank you all once again!
  7. Soara2 Well-Known Member

Boost is ok. You will solo a lot for a while anyway
  8. Miri New Member

Hide the boost away. EQII has gotten so big that you will want to take the time to explore it. You will miss a lot just leveling normally on one character. I've been playing off and on since like 2008 and I still find zones and areas I never knew about. Like Illeara said....try and become self-sufficient. Make alts to help with that (You can level crafting way up beyond your adventure level...which is a bit different than most MMOs) Pick up all harvestables....pick up all shinies!
  9. Luxtenebrae New Member

Ive taken to the TLE servers actually...its slow but rather enjoyable! Appreciate all the help!