Enter: Roshen, EverQuest II Community Manager

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Well Met Roshen,
    Hope you have an enjoyable and productive time as the CM.
    Use Twitter never ****book. Enjoyed the monthly contests that were going on. that was a pleasent distraction from fighting the Awakened.
    Seems our community enjoys a heated debate about almost anything, You gotta keep us from going off on all sorts of tangents,Sure you will do a great job, how hard is it to control a bunch of malcontent toons when you hold the eraser. lol
    Oh and I do hope you opened that bottle of ale and skipped the gym. :D
    Again,Welcome and Bright Blessings
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Katanallama Well-Known Member

EQ2 Insider and the EQ2 forums is where I get my infos! It's great to see what the team's working on and also Q&As.

Ideas for the eq2 team: duck mounts.

-What else do you want to share with me? I'm sorry I argued with you at the pool party, mister shark :( I was grumpy over skipping shark week and you were an unfriendly reminder of my betrayal. That and I had a duck to protect.
  3. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

@ Roshen- There is an odd forum wide hallucination going on recently. Something about ducks. You can probably ignore it as they will soon all be coming down off their trip.
  4. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Totally agree Santargria!

Welcome Roshen! Will miss Luperza...she didn't laugh at me for my two attempts at twitter (ugh dont want to try ever again). I use the forums for my information especially release notes (please include all of changes if possible) and homeshow. I do watch the tweets and facebook posts but those are only when I run out of stuff to read on forums. I have watched the EQ2Insider to see the house tours and find out the winners of the contests. Please keep the contests cuz I need to win. Please keep the servers are down at top of forums messages - it is a very quick way for people to know what is going on. Please bring back the posts that announce what is being added to marketplace...it really helps out those player studio people so their awesome items sell. Whispers....solid color tiles with more shapes.

As far as the duck mount.....if it really must be a duck mount please make it a duck egg with eye holes. Would prefer a powder pink flying pig for brewday! Pig power!
  5. sarnavus New Member

which quests have you completed in eq2 ?
    and what will you do about to make us pay less and get more ?
  6. Abasinolanam Active Member

I use Facebook for connecting with family. I don't look at EQ2 stuff there or on Twitter at all. My favorite types of posts are useful how-tos like the recent post on using macros in EQ2 and linking them to Act.

I don't watch the Insider at all. The only times when I could actually watch is my playtime, and I'm not going to watch that over playing.

The best community I have ever seen was the "...with Friends" (Words with Friends, etc.) community before they were bought by Zynga. My favorite thing about it was there was a place in the forums to submit ideas (almost poll style) where people could vote to support them without room to argue or banter. On these boards it doesn't matter how good an idea posted is, there's going to be a lot of people posting they disagree just because, and the people that actually agree don't want to get into the argument. Just this Monday I was in a raid where people were saying they wished SOE would run more of their polls asking for opinions (although without sending an email to every single toon in your account.)

Welcome to EQ2! Grab a sack of salt because you'll need a lot of grains ;)
  7. Spindle Well-Known Member

Welcome Roshen, to the nut house, from the land of Ken Keasy, Faerieworlds, and DUCKS!
    As a user of both Facebook and Twitter I agree with Finora that the sidebars are great. So, too, is the SERVERS ARE DOWN! announcement. Good stuff.

We NEED a Feldon npc, a ZAM effect and a special Den-Mum recipe book! Please make them so.

Spin
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

First off, I'd like to say welcome to EQII Roshen! In response to your questions, however...

I do NOT use any ANTI-social media sites like Facebook or Twitter....EVER!!! I am sure you can tell by this response that I feel very strongly about this. I also do not watch EQ2 Insider. These forums are about the extent of where I go to get informed about EQII information and upcoming changes.

Other than SWG...which SOE shut down, and then FreeRealms...which SOE shut down, I really don't have any input to offer as far as what other games are doing with their communities.

I can tell you, however, that I really am hoping for a lot more solo content to be added. I would like to see solo contested/uncontested dungeons (not Advanced Solo) for the casual solo player. I would like to see a ton more overland quests to be added. I would like SOE to recognize the casual solo player crowd, and stop catering to just one group of play style. It seems they are finally taking the hint on this, however, and at least taking baby steps in this direction, though the Advanced Solo dungeons are really not geared towards the casual solo player, as you still need to have better gear to be able to run these dungeons.

I spent TONS of plat just to gear my brigand up enough to be able to run some of these dungeons, and have yet to see any gear rewards that are upgrades to what I spent the plat on so that she could run these dungeons, therefore I don't feel 'rewarded' for my accomplishments (though I am getting some new gear for my alts). I do NOT group with others, and I do have my reasons of which I will not discuss as it is of a personal nature, but I do love running what I can in order to do the content at least once.

I am not so much complaining about the rewards in these dungeons, as I don't care so much about the rewards. My complaint is that there are no solo dungeons for the casual solo player, and I cannot keep paying out tons of plat to gear my character up so that she can continue running Advanced Solo's, since the gear she is getting in those dungeons are not upgrades for her, and I feel that I will once again be excluded from participating in new content, because the rewards she receives are not enough to equip her to be able to continue to run these Advanced Solo's as they increase in difficulty and level. I guess, in essence, I am complaining somewhat about the rewards, but only to the extent that they aren't helping her to gear up towards more advanced solo dungeons. This is the main thing I would like to see addressed.

I would also like to request that in the future, SOE doesn't do what it did with Eidelon Jungle, and make it a requirement to complete a specific questline that requires you to run a dungeon, in order to unlock the overland quests in a new zone. I must say I was quite frustrated when I learned that I could not continue my overland progression and was blocked from that content, simply because I could not complete the dungeon requirement. As it turned out, the dungeon was bugged or something, and I was able to complete it a few days later, but that doesn't alleviate the frustration I felt when I thought that I would never be able to complete it, and therefore not able to progress any further with overland quests. It is the first time SOE has done that in this game, and was quite unexpected.

I don't expect the game to be a cake walk, and I do like challenges, but I don't like when I come up against obstacles that I cannot overcome on my own, without having to rely on others to assist me. I honestly think there should be group overland quests, solo overland quests, and group dungeons, and solo dungeons, and raid dungeons, to accommodate all play styles. These dungeons could be set to scale based on if a player enters the dungeon solo or with their merc/enters with a group of players (and their mercs)/enters with more than one group, and the challenges and rewards could be compatible to whichever type of instance it turns out to be (solo/group/raid).
  9. blueangle Member

I just thought of something else I would love to see, the ability to publish guild halls and vote on the best. There are some halls out there that are totally awesome looking. I have seen many that are worth getting my vote. But allow vote on the hall to be separate from the vote on houses.
  10. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Your lack of faith in my ambition saddens me.
    Katz, Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rhodris like this.
  11. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Well greetings Roshen. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Quiarrah . . . at least here and on FACEBOOK it's Quiarrah
    Welcome to our humble . . . outspoken home.
    I do use FB. I frequent that and the Forums here.
    I sahll see you around as I am in the process of logging in to see what kind of destruction has befallen Suessu's Bakery as the begin scrambling to to prepare for the upcoming FALL season! (Norrathian Homeshow will give details.)
  12. Vylotte New Member

Hi Roshen, welcome! I met you at Pax. Thanks for the post-its and your patience! If I'd known I would have made you listen to my EQ2 stories instead of rehashing my ancient quest for bronze armor. ;)

-Michelle
    aka Nemene, Vylotte, McMortis
  13. Naramsin Well-Known Member

Welcome Roshen, you have some big shoes to fill it seems. With regards to your questions:
    I do not use Twitter as I do not have it. I use Facebook for family, friends, EQ2 Homeshow, and "Everquest 2" Freeport Server
    I have watched it two times so far, but do not keep up with it often.
    Some have spoken of wanting Duck and Shark Mounts. Not sure if this is true or some kind of running joke. But while we are on the subject of mounts I seriously would like to see mounts of a mythical theme. Now when I say that, I do not mean attainable in raids or with 70 billion quadrillion SP plus 7000pp at a city merchant. When I say Mythical I mean I want to see Hippogriffs, Simurghs, Chimera, and Phoenixes. Some would say we already have a Phoenix and my answer is no we do not, that is a Flame Gryphon. Phoenixes do not have the back legs of a lion. Phoenixes have Red, orange, and yellow feathes with a longer grander tail. I also want Blue gryphons like the ones found at the Rime camps inFens of Nathsar and Jarsath Wastes. But the mount I would really love to have is a flying dark blue Manticore.
  14. Katanallama Well-Known Member

Source of these hallucinations (well, mine anyways):
    [IMG]

If you didn't get a duck while at SOE Live, I pity you :(
    Candalyn and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Naudi Active Member

I use these forums and eq2wire.

As far as mounts go if you give the duck a mohawk it's kinda like a shark...

~Oh Ducky, my Ducky...
    Ahupu and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. BlueGrass Member

Greetings .. Fb and twitter not a chance I will ever use those. I always come here to the forums for news.
    I have watched EQ Insider , It was nice to see some of the people that affect the game in person and hear about things they are working on.

Well seeing as everyone like to mention something about mounts I do miss my hippo graphs from that other game :)
    But I like the Pegasus ones too.
  17. Sucha Active Member

Welcome Roshen. I have Facebook but seldom use it and do not use Twitter at all. I get info on EQ@ from here, EQ2 Insider and EQ2Wire.
  18. Roshen Well-Known Member

It was nice to chat with you during PAX Prime also.. and there's always the next event SOE is at to chat it up about EQ2 ^_^
    Vylotte and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  19. Lera Well-Known Member

What we really need are gelatinous cube mounts.
  20. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I still say make the cubes a player race. Whatever food/drink and armor you have floats in the goo randomly.
    Ahupu and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.