Encouraging But No Cigar Yet

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Almee, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Almee Well-Known Member

It is encouraging to see that DB made some changes to the persistent mounts. It shows they are listening with one ear. However, they need to listen with both ears.

The mounts are illusions and for 15 years we have been able to disable illusions as they can sometimes create problems in groups or they can be annoying to players who don't want an illusion form. Why DB thought it would be a good idea to disable this function is beyond my powers to comprehend.

And to stick it on mounts we pay for is even more bewildering--especially since they didn't tell us that before we bought the mounts. But it is an awful idea regardless of whether the mount is free or purchased as part of a bundle.

I would have no problems with it if the mount was a single-item purchase and it was tagged as being persistent. But to add it to a package, make it sound like a great mount, and not tell buyers they can't dismiss the illusion of being mounted is just wrong.

Loyalty players probably have one of the elemental discs to use, which takes some of the bite out of the persistent mounts, but even that is problematic in some circumstances such as when you are trying to decorate in your house. The disc makes it hard to get accurate placement of small floor items among other things.

And while you can dismiss your mount, that makes decorating far slower in mansions and housing with land. Constant switching between being mounted and dismounted is a PITA and will discourage decorating larger housing.

Plus many of us are getting really tired of having to find work arounds for things that DB has either broke or "enhanced" (usually to the disgust of players). The hide illusion function was working just fine so I'm assuming that the idea of the persistent mounts was somehow intended to enhance play and not just a change to irritate us.

So while I'm happy, and encouraged, to see DB has removed the mounts in the cities, they really need to listen to players and make the hide illusion feature work on all mounts. I would have thought that would have been just as easy to do as hiding the persistent mounts, in the cities, but I'm not doing the coding so I can't state that as fact. What I can state as fact is that we want hide illusion to do just that with all illusions.
    Korochun and Argosunited like this.
  2. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Sorry, it's been awhile since I've messed with this, but you can no loner hide all mounts from the animation settings tab?
  3. rutro Well-Known Member

Well said!! I agree with every word .... :) Great post :)