"Encounter Broken" problem

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Azzer_007, Jan 19, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Azzer_007 Guest

I have a Tellurian Recruit helping me in the Sprawl... but just recently (since the patch today - but in honesty this could be coincidence) every single encounter I get involved in when I have killed the monsters I get a;
    "Encounter Broken!
    [insert name of pet] came to your rescue"

And get no exp, no credit rewards etc.

I've tried re-summoning over a living pet... I've tried killing my current pet, waiting for the timer, then re-summoning... but still every single encounter results in a "Broken Encounter". I'm not fighting any differently, I'm not fighting near guards, and it doesn't matter what type of monster I fight or where I fight them, or whether I get the first hit or my pet does (or whether I get the death hit or the pet does).

Anyone else ever experienced this? Going to try exitting the client and re-starting to see if that works in the mean-time.

Edit: Sorry, this wasn't aimed specifically at necromancers but summoners as a whole, was too busy browsing forums and posted in the wrong area... still the problem still seems fairly appropriate here :)
    Message Edited by Azzer_007 on 01-19-2005 05:59 PM
  2. ARCHIVED-Pavaroso Guest

I had this problem a lot back in the Sprawl, too. Are you running around a lot when the encounter is broken? What I found was that it seemed to almost always happen when I ran away from the encounter (perhaps scouting while the pet finished a mob). Often, when I'd get out of line-of-sight, or maybe a certain distance away, the pet would break the encounter. Its been a while, so I'm not entirely sure about the specifics anymore - just that I alleviated the problem by just staying relatively close to the pet while it fought.
  3. ARCHIVED-Azzer_007 Guest

Hi Pavaraso - you hit the nail on the head - I managed to cure the problem by killing a "Quest Mob" (ie something I'd been designated to kill for a quest) *without* the pet summoned at least once. This seemed to "Break the chain" and I could keep my pet on me again.

Then I managed to reproduce this bug when my pet danced the night away with a "Wild Dog" in the Sprawl and I decided to head off and find another Wild Dog somewhere... and the bug was "Back in effect again". Cured by the same method.

Before I found "The Cure"... I tried killing my pet, zoning to commonlands, camping out, quitting the client, re-loading the client, summoning the pet in Commonlands, then zoning back in to the Sprawl - this *didn't* cure it (so quite a resistant bug).

Cheers for the reasons/cause of the bug :)
  4. ARCHIVED-Chandigar Guest

I was testing this in the sprawl yesterday against the dogs... the only time I got the broken encounter was when my pet landed the killing blow. If I killed it via dot, nuke or melee I got full credit.
  5. ARCHIVED-Urguwno Guest

The problem appears to be isolated to The Sprawl.

Your pet getting the killing blow does trigger the event. This happens even if your pet gets the killing blow on a single mob in a pack of 3 or more.

I personally know ten players have /bugged it in game, so they've probably received hundreds of bug reports on it, but I think the SOE developers have made it a very low priority since it only affects one zone that you level out of pretty quickly.