Enchanters and mez

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Froakie, May 6, 2014.

1. Froakie Member

Is there any command in the game anymore that can stop melee and ranged dps? It used to be you could make a macro with your mezzes and put /autoattack 0 in front of it to stop attacking. This doesn't seem to work anymore. Does anyone know how to make sure your attack be it melee or ranged turn off if you need to mez?

Thanks
  2. Karich New Member

Make macro
    Autoattack 0
    Pet backoff
    Merc backoff

Press this, then mez
  3. Froakie Member

Autoattack 0 doesn't work anymore, that's the problem.
  4. Froakie Member

Just looked through some other threads and it looks like this just isn't possible anymore. Sucks you can /cancel_spellcast, but no way to turn off autoattack anymore.
  5. Ucala Well-Known Member

did you try /setautoattackmde 1 instead?
  6. Tamon New Member

/autoattack 0 seemed to work for me when I just tested it. Macros sometimes run into problems with 3+ commands.

My macro for mez is:
    /autoattack 0
    Mez

I put a separate macro for the pet/merc:
    /pet backoff
    /merc backoff

Pet/merc macro first, then the mez macro. You might have to wait a second for the pet/merc to actually back off.

Is it possible that you or your pet cast DoTs prior to mezzing that break the mez?
  7. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

put /autoattack 0 before AND AFTER the mez

the mez turns on 'ranged' if your are 'ranged only', so you have to have set it off after the mez cast begins.

it may work just after, but I do both so I don't wake up the mob when 'refreshing.
    Anjel likes this.