Empty guilds

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cucuy, Aug 12, 2013.

1. Cucuy Member

I was interested in creating yet another guild that my server doesn't need, but the name is taken. So, I did some research on eq2u and found the guild, but there are no members. Is there a way to claim this guild name or do these live an empty, memberless life for eternity?
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

it lives forever, just like characters that were made 5 yrs ago, played for 5 minutes and abandoned.
  3. d1anaw Well-Known Member

You could petition. We petitioned to take over the guild when the previous founders abandoned it years ago, never to be heard from again.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

You can petition to take leadership of a guild you're in, but I don't think you can take the name of a guild you're not in for your own.
    Arielle Nightshade and Ladymist like this.
  5. Ladymist Well-Known Member

yeah imagine if you took a break from the game and a couple years later returned to find your guild name gone. Guilds are a lot of hard work

also if the guild was on freeport that name would have been paid for
  6. Cynicisim Active Member

We had a Freeport guild (naggy) and decided to betray to Q. I left a lowbie in the guild but my kid deleted him as he "needed more character slots". I never did anything about it and now the guild sits unused. I would like to have it again but no toons are in it. sigh.
  7. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

you do realize that is a player has the feed turned off at the character level, nothing gets reported about the character
  8. Vagrant Storm Active Member

What do you mean "paid for"? As in some one bought the guild? I've seen people selling leveled up guilds on a couple of servers now. I assume that happens on all servers. Or are you referring to something else?

Personally I think if a current paying player wants the name of a guild, or even a character name, and no owner has logged on in a couple years...they should be able to have it. No service provider should give the cold shoulder to a current active customer to do something nice for some one that might never be a customer again.
  9. TechUp Active Member

On Freeport back when it was the only F2P server, you had to buy a guild charter with Station Cash.
  10. Vagrant Storm Active Member

Ohhh forgot that Freeport was the first free server thing they tried. Even then...the players on that server should be aware of the current state of the server. I am sure a guild is made most every day there with the current rules and no one is throwing a fit about it.

And their guild wouldn't go away...i am sure it would be like with server merges when two characters have the same name. The guild just gets an x at the end.
  11. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

But there is a record that you and your toons WERE in it. Do a /petition and see if they can put a character you designate back into the guild to revive it. I'm confident they will if they can.