Emperor's Athenaeum - Last encounter with Sunrise/Nightfall, etc.

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Kruhl, Jun 18, 2009.

1. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

Quabi@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    It is working .. you just need to have the MOB within range of the tower. If you fight them where they stand, the front two towers will not reach. If you move them to the middle of the room, you should be able to get them all. If not have the tank move them slightly towards the problem tower.
  2. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Arieva@Oasis wrote:
    This is exactly what is happening to our group.
    SK - Myth
    Swash - Myth
    Templar - Myth
    Assassin
    Warden
    Dirge

All Minimum T2 with Fabled Epic
    We're no slackers either considering we did Kurns with 5 people and 1 healer.
    Please fix.
  3. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    You make that sound like some great feat or something. lol
  4. ARCHIVED-ashen1973 Guest

is this encounter still bugged or are we missing something?
    We ran this zone for the first time last night.
    All group with minimum T2 Shard armour and fabled epics
    Pally
    Warden (with Myth)
    Ranger (with Myth)
    Dirge (with Myth)
    Swashie
    Monk

we breezed through the first 3 nameds with little to no problems.
    Got to the final group of nameds and didnt stand a chance.
    On the majority of pulls only 1 statue would be clickable (always the furthest right from the door)
    On a few pulls two would be clickable (always the furthest 2 from the door)
    The other 2 statues only became clickable during one attempt.
    On many pulls the mobs would reset during combat (and we did not click any statues before engaging)

How many of the statues should be clickable right at the start of the encounter?
    Surely you should be able to stun/mez at least 2 of the nameds from the start, and possibly choose which 2?
    Even if this encounter was working correctly, it does seem like a huge step-up in difficulty when comparred to the rest of the zone.
  5. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Kalyyn@Splitpaw wrote:
    If you saw some of the loot off those mobs you understand why the difficulty was so high.
    I just wish the encounter was alittle less tempermental.
  6. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Kizee wrote:
    You try it.
    no mezzer either
  7. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    I am sure that I could since there really isn't anything hard about the zone. What does a mezer have to do with it....who mezes anything now adays?
  8. ARCHIVED-Cloakentuna Guest

Kalyyn@Splitpaw wrote:
    As somebody said earlier, the front 2 statues will only be clickable if the mobs that correspond to the statues are within a certain range. Just slowly move the mobs back while you're fighting them until the statues become clickable and be ready to click when the 2 that you freeze initially break free. Rinse and repeat moving the mobs closer to their specific statues until you kill the encounter.
  9. ARCHIVED-ashen1973 Guest

Froggleg@Nagafen wrote:
    ahh, i think i understand whats happening now
    the 4 mobs spawn in random positions everytime they repop, so sometimes you will have the correct 2 mobs close enough to the rear-most statues and sometimes only 1 (and i guess it would be possible to have neither close enough, although this never happened to us).
    So, if this is the case (and im hoping to get in and try it this evening), getting the right 2, in the right positions, from the start would really help this encounter.
    From what i could tell one mob casts a fear effect (dawn??) and one casts a stun (sslortis), so it would probably be beneficial (depending on group make-up) to fight these 2 at the same time, so you can block there effects with sanctuary, aoe blockers etc...
    i know this doesnt help with the resetting bug :( but thanks for the replies
  10. ARCHIVED-Dasein Guest

What I've found is that this fight requires lots of single-target DPS to burn down one or two of the quad before the mezz effect wears off. Taking down Nightfall or Sunrise first seems to be the most effective, and once one is down, the rest of the encounter gets dramatically easier. Overall, if not for the bugginess, this is a fun encounter, although I can see how it would be taxing on groups without solid healing, DPS and tanking.
  11. ARCHIVED-Cloakentuna Guest

Nightfall casts a fear, Sunrise casts a stun.
    As for the other 2, one casts a Noxious disarm and the other casts a high damage elemental DoT. I'm not sure which does which, never really payed attention to that.
  12. ARCHIVED-Shareana Guest

Let's keep the insults out of this topic please.... Thank you!
  13. ARCHIVED-Brimestar Guest

Has there been any change? I went for the first time last night and I believe we got the strat down (just didn't have enough heals) but if the encounter resets, it would just be a waste of time.
  14. ARCHIVED-Aremban Guest

Have run this zone 3 times successfully on RE server. AE blocks help when the initial mez wears off and you need to survive for a couple seconds. Single target DPS is nice since once you kill 1 mob the encounter really becomes easy.
  15. ARCHIVED-Moralpanic Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    Um Kurns is like the new DF. Stupid easy.
  16. ARCHIVED-Lader Guest

so have we gotten a fix for the constant resetting yet? its really not fun.
  17. ARCHIVED-chainsaw Guest

totally bugged encounter, Last night the pillars were not clickable or only one at a time sometimes three at a time. The encounter also reset a few times while we were fighting in the middle of the room. Who tested this?
  18. ARCHIVED-Cloakentuna Guest

The pillars are only clickable if their respective mobs are close enough to them. People have said the encounter resets when you click the pillars before you pull the mobs, but I always wait until pull and sometimes it resets, though maybe the other person is clicking theirs before pull.
    Also, if you are having trouble with the heals/dps...use the crowds to your advantage.
  19. ARCHIVED-Nephretiti Guest

Sorry to rezz this long dead topic, but after 108 runs on this zone I have still not seen a katana from the final fight - anyone know if they were removed?
  20. ARCHIVED-LordPazuzu Guest

Nephretiti wrote:
    They only drop once you necro and 3 year old thread and provoke the wrath of SOE-MOD-2.