Emperor Atrebe's Laboratory final named (Ka'El Ka'Vrish)

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by DemonNfrendz, Dec 31, 2023.

1. DemonNfrendz New Member

I've seen a few comments and a post talking about focus damage being out of whack on Varsoon - was there already some sort of acknowledgement of this and a fix or is there a chance that this guy is still affected by that focus damage issue?

First time in that zone since the daily double was today and that last boss is a steamroller. Thought maybe it was just our group but have seen people talking in chat about it all day today. So far the feedback from general chat is to have two AE blockers and burn, burn, burn which is a silly method in the grand scheme of things.

There were comments saying to just "joust" out when the AE was incoming, which is roughly every 30 seconds, but even when we get out to the hallway (which is like 60 meters) it's hitting some folks for 35-40k.
    KaitlynnAM101 likes this.
  2. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

This particular mob has been like this for as long as I can remember (since it was first live). I'm certainly not uber and am not saying you should 'get guud' but we've never had a problem with it by backing out to the edge of the right side of the platform (as you are looking at the mob) and ranging it. Wards help a bit, and probably it's easier not to solo heal it - but otherwise it's do-able. If your folks are in sub standard gear - and by that I mean wearing EoF stuff - it might not be, but if the group has made an effort to be somewhat current, it's not impossible.
  3. DemonNfrendz New Member

Hmm think most of the group was in TSO or above gear (53 primary stat +) and was still getting occasionally one shotted standing 30+ meters out. Not sure what the range for most folks is, but I'm taking a stab and saying 35 meters or less. Even with us trying to just all the way down and to the hallway we were occasionally getting hit for 35 to 40k.

Is there a some kind of component to the fight of being within a certain range, like 25 meters out but not beyond like 35 meters?

Been in some groups that can kill it fine with enough DPS and blockers, still have the occasional death but I like to try to understand the mechanics so I know what to do better.
    KaitlynnAM101 likes this.
  4. MightyMeaghan Well-Known Member

Everyone pile up in the shelves and cycle your aoe blockers and stoneskins and let your ranged autoattack deal with him. Easy peasy, boring as hell.