Emergency Maintenance for Guk, Unrest and Everfrost in 30 minutes.

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by ARCHIVED-Rothgar, Feb 26, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Unfortunately we are experiencing a network issue that will not be resolved until the servers are brought down for maintenance. We tried to make it until tomorrow morning but the problems continue to occur so we are going to perform the maintenance in 30 minutes.
    ETA for the maintenance is 1 to 1.5 hours.
    The double XP for today has been extended until 3pm PST Sunday for Guk, Unrest and Everfrost. Sunday's hot zone promotion will still begin at 10am.
    We apologize for this short notice.
  2. ARCHIVED-Dalannae Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    thank you for the information.
  3. ARCHIVED-Gravve Guest

Thank you very much for this information and extending the double xp weekend due to the downtime. Hopefully this will fix the server from crashing while there are 15 different instances of Great Divide open on the Guk server for example
  4. ARCHIVED-BlakkMantis Guest

Please please please be the end of these crashed and server downtimes for a while. This is getting extremely disgusting. And thanks for the update, and the extension of the double xp.
  5. ARCHIVED-MystsofLedge12 Guest

Rothgar wrote:

Not Good enough, probably wont be on much from when they come up to 3 PST, i can be on now or after that time....... REJECTED the extension

TRY AGAIN
  6. ARCHIVED-FoamFollower Guest

MystsofLedge12 wrote:
    I'm sure they will make some concessions to accomodate you, 1 player of thousands.
  7. ARCHIVED-ishist Guest

If you ask me (which you should) they should just add all these days bonuses together and give them to us for a solid week. 1 week of otter potions, 1 week of Xfers and 1 24hr +100%Xp potion per character. So far, out of all these nice bonuses all I have is an otter charm. These 1 per day for 12 days rewards program is screwing the population of everfrost who haven't had a full day of play since the program started.

It's not gonna hurt sony to throw us a bone, and it'll surely help repair the hurt feelings at least a little.

And for Bob's sake someone grab an intern with some experience to rebuild the server status page, that thing is busted as hell.
  8. ARCHIVED-miotismon Guest

i know this is hard but we can hadle the truth better than you give us credit for. just tell us itis going to take a few hours i can find better things to do than sit here at the time you say servers will be up and look at "server (offline)"

i play on Guk btw
  9. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

too bad the server status pages (network status page and the patch notes / server page on the launcher) don't show Unrest as being down. I have to log into char select to see.
  10. ARCHIVED-jbrown192 Guest

Okay Sony/EQ2 programmers, here's a friendly suggestion. Those of us that have Station Launcher can still chat and what not with other people that happen to be logged in to launcher. For the convenience of your customers, I suggest you mass message everyone with a friendly message when things happen like server crashes, emergency maintenance, etc.
    When a server goes down, send out a mass message to the affected accounts and an IM will appear on launcher to let them know what's up. When it comes back up, send them another mass message to let them know they can play once more.
    Take the guessing out of maintenance! :)
    That said, thanks guys for all you do, and I'm sure you're trying to do what you can to get things up as quickly as possible.
  11. ARCHIVED-Filly67 Guest

Brigh wrote:
    Currently unrest is showing as locked and everything else is showing as up. Can't trust that too much of course.
    I have to say that I completely understand that stuff happens and the servers must be brought down. That being said, a little extra time with xp or other bonuses shouldn't be too much to ask for. Adding two hours seems the very least that could be done.
  12. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

You should really extend the XP till tomorrow night. Some people work on weekend days and extended a few hours tomorrow mid day won't help them. (thankfully that isn't me but...). The time of night it is on the east coast now, it's late enough to just shut down for the night, not knowing when the server will really be back. Though if you don't extend it, I won't be crying .
    And just as I typed this... it's back up.
  13. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

Filly67 wrote:
    When I look at http://everquest2.com/serverstatus/ it shows green for Unrest.
    When I look at http://patch.everquest2.com:7010/pa...dates_live.html it shows All servers are up.
    My character select shows no Unrest at all.