EMBRACE OF HATE - DE heritage ability....sucky as heck!

Discussion in 'Coercer' started by ARCHIVED-Lucidss, Dec 9, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Lucidss Guest

Okay, I'm a newb, just turned 18 and I bought embrace of hate because I'm going Coercer, figured a rune (or extra rune) would be a given......

wow...... first off, it takes about 2 seconds to cast..maybe 3... VERY SLOW!

Second - It last 3 min.....wow....figured it was innate and would stay on until absorbed!

Third - re cast time 1800 seconds..... I'm find with this, but the first and second reasons it seems sucky to me is the main problem.....

I noticed it comes at apprentice 2, (or was that adept 2 i forget? Most likely apprentice 2), so maybe it gets better later?

Oh, and here is the icing on the cake....I put it on , got hit for 53 dmg, and it came off!!!!!??? Tell me this is not a 55 or so dmg rune.....if so that is rediculous......or is it a RUNE that absorbs ONE hit?

The other web site says its a magic dmg based rune.....this seems incorrects, seems like it is just a dmg rune.....but can someone tell me how this works, and if it will get better? At this point its SOOOO sucky, i wish I would of bought something else :(

Any info on this would help!

P.s. I woulda searched topics but search is currently down . (writing this during server down time )

18 - wanna be Coercer of Free Port

Lucidss D'Reamss
  2. ARCHIVED-Devil69483 Guest

Dont worry your not alone.

Almost all of the Racial traits suck horribly.

You should read the forums to see if you can find any info on the skill you want to see what others think.

All the ones that sound too good to be true are pretty much on those 1800 timers and last for 3 mins and suck.

As a gnome i chose some intelligence one and got a +5 int increase that is passive(permanent no skill to push)..

Most of the other ones that just sound too good..really arent..like increased power regen or hitpoint regen..on a timer..and only works out of combat, etc.
  3. ARCHIVED-clarah Guest

well i chose the rune and found it veryhandy.. true it doesnt stack and yes ill choose something else once they reset the traits:smileywink: buts 350 dmg ward on my toon... works wonders in soloing if your in a tight spot 8)
  4. ARCHIVED-Krosan_Beast Guest

not sure what races get it, but ratonga get one that seriously reduces hate towards a target. it has like a 3-4 second cast time but i love it. pretty much always clears any agro i have on me from 1 mob. extrememly helpful for when you're keeping that red^^ mezzed and the group switches to fight it but it's hate is pretty high on you for all the mezzing. much better to use in dungeons than blink which can easily send you flying through a wall forcing you to bug out and end up at zone. that's one way to piss off a group.
  5. ARCHIVED-Taelnayael Guest

I like the rune. It's not great, but its pretty darn good for when you know you need a little damage mitigation.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tanatus Guest

Its last long enouth to make it usefull as a prebuff before tough fight. Best use in combination
    Stupefy-Embrance of hate-Blink for escape
  7. ARCHIVED-Mallez Guest

I have the hate reducer too, it can work wonders in a pinch. Not sure I'll choose it again once they reset, but it has been handy a couple of times.

Videk
  8. ARCHIVED-Saturation Guest

The only real downside I see it that it has a dang 30 Min resuse time. If it were more like 5 or even 10 mins it may be nicer, otherwise I have forgotten I even have it.

-P
  9. ARCHIVED-Rymos Guest

At level 26 it gives me a 74 hp rune. That's unbelievable, I wish I could choose another.