Elemental Mastery Spell

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-Tolfor, Apr 3, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Tolfor Guest

I finally got my conversion spell about a week ago. When in raid or group, I have yet to see this spell proc. Or maybe I am missing it when it does. What causes this spell to proc? There is another conji in my guild and I see it proc for him alot.
    Is there something that makes this trigger more often? How does it show up on the parse?

TIA
  2. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

It procs Inferno. It procs all the time for me.
    To get it to proc, you need to cast hostile spells.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tolfor Guest

Yea. I figured it out. I have been doing some training dummies and checking what my spells are landing for with my pet and without my pet. Inferno doesn't seem to be hitting for very much compared to my other spells
    One thing I thought was significant was, I had my pet attack the dummy I cast Blazing Avatar, Elemental Blast and Plane Shift. My parse was much higher when I didn't use Plane Shift along with the above.
    I guess bottom line, I need to up my Crit Bonus and my Potency. As they are now my bonus is at 21% and my potency is at 27%. My ability Modifier is 1291.
    Will increasing my resuse speed lower the time for my elemental blast? That seems to do the most damage.

Thanks
  4. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

I'm not sure if Elemental Blast falls under beneficial or hostile spell reuse, but upping your Spell Reuse and Ability Reuse Speed will reduce the recast time of your Elemental Blast.
    Your Elemental Blast goes off of your pet's Potency, Crit Chance, and Crit Bonus. So before casting Elemental Blast you want to cast Plane Shift first whenever possible. If Plane Shift is down you want to wait for your Inferno proc to go off, to maximize your pet's chance to crit.
    Elemental Blast is a powerful spell, but in long duration fights (greater than 3 minutes) your Crystal Blast should do more overall damage (unless you get lucky with a double-attack on Elemental Blast).
  5. ARCHIVED-Tolfor Guest

As you know raids get pretty crazy, Is there a way to see when inferno goes off? The only way I found it today was I had a seperate tab for all my combat spam and I noticed that it did proc.
    Without the buffs of an illy or trouby on the training dummy and your suggested spell rotation my dps at the highest was 7980. I know I can do better by getting those stats raised but in the meantime I wanted to make sure I was maximizing spell cast rotation and anything else I can as I upgrade those stats.
  6. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Ciielo@Befallen wrote:
    Check your maintained spell window. It will always show up there.
  7. ARCHIVED-Tolfor Guest

Okay I see it now. Thanks for your info. I appreciate all your posts on these forums they have helped me a great deal.

Thanks again.