Echelon of Divinity is !@#$

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Trel Sha'Vega, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Trel Sha'Vega New Member

Actually both Solo versions of Echelon.

You're given a task to kill roughly 40 mobs that take 3-5 minutes to kill, each. Do the math.

On top of that, they pose no real threat. They aren't ticking my health down hardly at all, yet I have to spam every ability I have for 5 minutes just to kill one. If I turn on auto attack and walk away, they actually regen back to 100%. And this is with a heroic geared Brigand and merc.

Everyone in guild is complaining about the same thing. I'm ready to quit over this, as I've seen similar things over the past few years. Mobs either one shot you, or they do no damage. You can either kill them in 3 seconds, or 5 minutes. Where's the balance? Do the devs even play this game? Is this supposed to be fun?
  2. Bleed Member

same here.
    it's taking a while with a merc.
    i'm back to live after playing TLEs for a while, so i'm behind.
  3. Sious Member

It's not that bad tbh but most pll are rushing.
    Take a bit of time to get some overland collections done, get some (very good) gear from there.
    Do some of the others quests in the blinding so you are higher lvl
    infuse your gear with potency infusers and reinfuse with plat (yes you can do that on top of the max from CD)

ones you have a bit more potency you will fly through them
    Raff likes this.
  4. Trel Sha'Vega New Member

I just had our guild's top DPS come in and solo the zone for me.

It's stupid. I'm 120, with decent gear. It shouldn't be "unless you have x potency, your damage is awful."

Meanwhile, I could afk all day and the mob would never kill me. How is this balanced?
    AOE1 likes this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's not about potency. If it was about potency it would affect all classes.
  6. Sious Member

From all i know there is not resolve check on solo zones so it's basically stats stats stats
    And from my numerous runs through the solo zones in beta i found it going more and more easy the more potency i had (130 in the end).

sooo you might say it's not about potency but even if it not about potency having 105-110 to start with the solo's helps a lot.

but by all means work on all your stat's i'm sure they will help also

Sious

ps: if somebody needs help running a solo feel free to send me a tell and if i have time i will help out
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

I did them with both my warden and mystic on beta with zero issues. I did the sig line on my warden today and it was a little slower than on beta.. but since they left oranges working on beta and disabling them in BoL was a 'suprise' for live, I expected that.
    When I went to do my mystic tonight.. who has more potency than my warden.. it took me 20 minute just to kill the auto-aggo trash in Order. At that rate, it would take 2-3 HRS to run that zone.. and each of other others.
    That is an unreasonable amount of time. And it shouldn't be take hours per zone or duo with a dps that can do it just as fast w/o you. I don't like being baggage.. and if I'm not needed or making a noticable contribute do a group (heroic or duo), that's baggage.
    Rhodris likes this.
  8. Bludd Well-Known Member

my hp went down by 60-80m, my ability mod halved (from 2.2m or something to 1.1m)
    the word on the street is that the orange adorns have stopped working (havent tested but probably the championship, witness, glory, juxtaposition which I have at level VII)

my potency went down like 10k

this is all in the gear I ended CD in, no change except for the nwe premium eyeless familiar which has better stats outside BoL too
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

Orange adornments will no longer function within Blood of Luclin zones.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-17-2019-blood-of-luclin.592050/#post-6582494
    Breanna and Bludd like this.
  10. Sious Member

I totally agree with that.
    But if your potency is below 105-110 and you have the means to get it up before trying it again why not do it ?
    go harvest some shinies, do the overland triumph to kill all nameds (even better do it in group), start doing the dropped quests.
    Most of them give REALY good rewards that will help you get through the zones quicker.

yes you will be a bit slower to 120 and some others will finish the quest line quicker but you will have less frustration.
    If your potency is like 92-93 it will not be a fun thing to do :(

ps: use the potency infusers on all your gear.
    Ones your a week further everything will be much more easy but for now the lack of orange adornments it causing DPS issues for most
  11. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

It’s not a potency thing. I have around 112k potency (buffed to like 185 from solo buff). I will also say that those who know me will generally agree I am pretty decent dps for a healer. But between what seems like a huge boost to combat mit on solo mobs (because my abilities were hitting massively low) and the frequent heals the mobs cast - including a reactive if you don’t dispel heals 4-5% per tick the trash was ridiculous in this zone. That zone took me an hour last night which is not reasonable.
  12. Raff Well-Known Member

I ran it on my defiler w/ a merc last night. They couldn't hurt me, but it was taking a long time to progress. Til I realized that that I don't need to kill everything. So I just trained the whole mob through the zone picked up my quest mobs, killed them, then trained the guards n stuff again til I found more quest mobs. Took me an hour though.

Reminds me a lot of my experience in PoM until I started getting better gear.
    Obano likes this.
  13. Bludd Well-Known Member

Dude likes this.
  14. Lanatir Member

But why do they give equipment with orange slots if orang adorns dont work anymore??
  15. Malahk Active Member

Seriously, after about ten minutes fighting one of the nameds and not even getting it below 50% I just /exit the game in the middle of the fight and didn't even care.

They need about 90% less hit points.
    Lanatir likes this.
  16. Quillyne Active Member

A better way of easing us into the new adorns would have been to give us some starter reds in the gear box that we could then upgrade as we obtained mats, recipes, etc. Giving us useless orange adorns is a head scratcher.
  17. ThornNaturesoul New Member

All I know is that with my Zerker (well equipped) can kill just about everything in Echelon of Divinity EXCEPT the arbiters. They constantly heal themselves and there mana never goes down and with me and my merc, and me spamming every ability I have they never go down in hp.
  18. Chrol Developer

The heal over time was supposed to only be in the heroic version. Next update it'll just be a single small heal. Will also extend the reuse on the spell. Thanks!
    Siren, Breanna and Dude like this.
  19. AOE1 Well-Known Member

My potency is just fine. It has been infused every way from Sunday and my gear from Chaos is just fine. They need to put the mobs back to how they were during beta. They are ridiculous now.
  20. Monstuhr Well-Known Member

Yeah, I am really hoping the change in today's patch helps things. Because spending as long as it takes for a healer in a solo zone now is ridiculous.