Easiest Way to Set Up Acct Wide Crafting Location?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Jesaine, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Hopefully the headline made the question clear. :)

What I'm looking for is a way to set up a crafting area that all my characters (regardless of alignment) can use even at low level and without relying on a guild for access.

The desire to make the location available to even new characters precludes something like getting a house In Maj Dul and making characters run for their lives, lol. Guilds are too frequently exclusionary with low level characters, and/or may not support crafters at all.

The closest thing I've found to a workable option here was back on the Halls of Fate server I had a character that defected to Qeynos leave her Neriak basic apartment intact, and put a portal to prestige housing in it. My other characters then had the option to use the prestige housing as a gateway to her Qeynos house.

Easier yet would be to use the prestige house as the crafting location, but is there a way to link it to portals in both Freeport and Qeynos? Or is there an even easier option than that?

My main reason for asking is a desire to keep ALL my harvests in a single shared location so that everyone has easy access to it all without taking up my entire shared bank.
    Stormeey, Rosyposy and Orionza like this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Get a house in Gorowyn. Only evil can bind there, but the NPCs will all do business with anyone and no one is kill on sight.
    Twyla, Rosyposy, Breanna and 2 others like this.
  3. Jesaine Well-Known Member

*sigh* So obvious I completely overlooked it. Gorowyn stays "apprehesive" to all sides so anyone can visit.

The more complex the problem the simpler the solution. Thanks Dude. :D
    Rosyposy and Dude like this.
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

the obvious option is to place all your depots, stations, crafting tool/bonuses (spoons, statues what have you) and PUBLISH that house. Anybody and everybody even from your other accounts with a little access fiddling, will ve able to zone in from leaderboards, craft and zone out wherever they were.

This will not work on Varsoon as you can't publish a house there, but there are other means to travel between houses there, you just have to use a prestige house that you can portal to from other houses

For extra bonus you can put all your alts apprentices in there, and any travel devices or paintings you have making it a crafting and travel hub
    Daryx, Breanna, Siren and 3 others like this.
  5. Orionza Active Member

I have a home like this. It's the Isle of Mara house. It's called my Crafting Village. All characters have one of the Mara houses as theirs. They put their tradeskill guys at their "house". There are two crafting areas for ease. Everyone has a portal in it to their main regular house.

The main (who owns the Isle of Mara house) gets a bunch of doors to the home and drops them off in everyone's main houses. Now there's no reason for little characters to run into an opposite town.
  6. Tkia Well-Known Member

I use a Personal Planetarium on each of my servers as a crafting area/warehouse. It's the cheapest prestige for the space if you have to buy and you can build up with plarforms to organise storage. And with a Prestige you don't have to worry about rent running out. If you have a subbed account and high enough character to do the Panda quests there are 2 prestige houses there that you can get for free, plus the Mistmoor from /claim if your account is old enough.

I'd recommend buying/claiming on your highest level toon to make it easier for them to run around hostile places to place the portals. And I usually do it with an evil toon so they can go and place in Neriak.
    Siren, Rosyposy and Orionza like this.
  7. Geroblue Well-Known Member

I have two prestige houses, one each on Maj'Dul and Skyfire, with depots and crafting stations. Also have the three Frostfell stations.

Two on Maj'Dul have depots and the all-in-one crafting station you get with the previous expansions. I don't see it now on the newest expac.

edit: It was on the Collector's version.
    Breanna and Siren like this.
  8. Jesaine Well-Known Member

Alot of good ideas here, BUT the trouble comes with linking a prestige house to a portal on the opposite faction's territory, or did they change that and you can trustee into a house from the opposite faction's portal?

Mara would indeed work well, but I can't remember where the housing is there. If it's in safe territory close to the docks, it's all good. :)

BTW, that pesty rent is easy to eliminate on regular housing. All you have to do to eliminate it is use your loyalty tokens to buy 3 extra Treasure Hordes. They DO stack reductions! At first, I thought it was an oversight by the devs. In a game where even breathing costs multiple platinum though, what's eliminating a few gold in weekly expenses?

Beyond that, all you need is a good Carpy to craft some nice furniture and eliminate any status.
    Siren, Geroblue and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Tkia Well-Known Member

Mara house is accessed off the same Qeynos/Freeport portals as all the rest. The only one I can think of that isn't is the Thurgadin Hall which actually has its door in Thurgadin.

Houses in Qeynos and Freeport are accessible, you just have to plan your route and stay aleert. And once you have one portal placed that should make it easier to get in there to place more. Obviously the higher your level the easier it is to sneak around. The only really difficult place is Neriak which is almost impossible to work with if you're good aligned, which is why I recommend an evil character as the central house owner. One other option if you're not on TLE is to find a published house in the area you're trying to get to and go in via that.
    Siren likes this.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

If you are on live server:
    -Buy a prestige house of any type with DBC or, if you are a member, get the free prestige house from the Panda or your /claim.
    -Put all Alts as Trustees of this house.
    -Put all your crafting stuff in this house.
    -Publish this house.
    -Type /house from nearly anywhere in Norrath. Search for your published house. Click on enter to enter the house. Not faction dependent.

You can put portals from prestige houses into any other houses, both prestige and non. They are not faction dependent.
    Breanna, Siren, Twyla and 3 others like this.
  11. Trebien Member

I have a house for my toons to visit daily. It has all of the apprentices, crafting tables (including frostfall stations), fuel and harvest chests. It also holds a recipe chest, so that I can just throw any books that I loot in there, and everyone can grab any upgrades. And it appears that you can get a depot for just about any thing that used to only be a guild perk. Don't forget to put your travel aides, as well as your burnai gardener (trades fertilizer, water, and soil for random shinies), in the house as well.

In order for me to make it easy for everyone to visit, I used a prestige house, and gave everyone their own regular house so that they can use their storage (6 bags). It's just the basic house, only used to get the storage. Everything else, including their saleman crates, are placed in the main house. The person who owns the house (I chose the person with the first alphabetical name, starting with B), they went and made all of the other toons into trustees. You just right click on the door leading out, there should be something about permissions, there you can simply add everyone's name, one by one unfortunately, onto that list with trustee status. If you have friends that you want to allow access to stuff, you can add them to this list as well, but as friends. I wouldn't advise giving anyone trustee status except for your alts.

With this though, all of your toons can easily pull harvests from the crate, as well as fuel. Don't forget, they can add and remove recipe and skill books too. The only thing they can't do is access any storage but their own, except for the item storage for excess furniture.

The reason I chose the alphabetical system is, when you go into your guild hall, you can use the home portal. The portal goes alphabetical, so this just means that you don't have to think about where the name of the house is. Just pick the top option, and you will immediately be ported there. Now, I've never used the decorative house option to get to the house, so I don't know how well that works. But I know that you can easily get to the house through the guild hall, as long as you have everyone set as at least a friend. Preferably a trustee, but it's up to you. Also, as long as you have the sales crates in that house, you can ignore the rented baby houses. Nobody needs to go to them for anything, since you can access your crates, as well as storage boxes, from the primary house.
    Jesaine and Twyla like this.