Easiest Healer To Learn?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Livejazz, Jul 19, 2014.

1. Livejazz Well-Known Member

I've always been a DPS player, but I'm thinking of unlocking a level 85 healer & learning how to play it while I finish those last 10 levels. Any recommendations? Thanx in advance.
  2. Sallid New Member

Warden/Fury. They have heal over times, warden has hp buffs and heal on hit procs and a stoneskin they can put on another player. a fury has a lot of group cures iirc and warden has a group cure that cures every second for 8 seconds. Very fun and easy to learn :)
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

I agree. With the shaman and the clerics you have to balance which 'kind' of heals (ward/reactive for future damage or direct heals for current damage). With druids, it's HoTs, which deals with current and future damage.
  4. Livejazz Well-Known Member

OK that's actually kinda what I was hoping to hear, since I don't otherwise have a leather-wearer :) Thanx!
  5. Mktavish01 Member

No way ... its hands down one of the shaman. No need to learn much after being benched or shelved. :oops:

Sorry couldn't resist ... but seriously the druids are pretty easy to get your bang for a buck.
    Morfydd likes this.
  6. Regolas Well-Known Member

Yea druids are the easiest imo. Spam the heals until group is full!
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

Either warden or inquisitor imo. Maybe I'm biased since it was my first toon, but Inqs have a lot to offer, especially new players. Interrupt and stifle immunity, divine guidance, chilling invigoration, lots of melee abilities, it's awesome.
    Morfydd likes this.
  8. Hammdaddy Active Member

Druids are the easiest healer to learn if you want to be a terribad one who just sits there and spam heals, the real good ones heal and destroy utility parses and make them feel bad.
    Treiko and Mermut like this.
  9. Mktavish01 Member

Utility parse ??? LOL
  10. Hammdaddy Active Member

Like coerc/illy/troub/dirge?
  11. Mktavish01 Member

And what would the parse tell you?
    To parse utility ... one would have to first parse without ... then parse with ... a particular skill to see how it changed the standard parsing numbers. But obviously more utility means less needed from the individuals parsing their numbers.
    So its still rather complicated in deciding a number that was contributed by the individual giving utility.
    Utility implies multi purpose ... so what was the skill you were trying to see on a utility parse ? Crowd control has no direct stat ... except the group living. Stat boosting goes to the dealer of dmg/healing/mitigation. Curing / Rezzing ???

But in reality parsing is not much use except looking to gauge individual skills.
    Then you need to take that information and make an informed guess at what really happened.
    Hence ... LOL @ utility parse.
  12. blaero New Member

lol
  13. Hammdaddy Active Member

Are you ********?
  14. Mktavish01 Member

That would be re-tarded ? ignorant ?

Yes I guess I'm just not understanding the use of the word utility? And I guess the means to parse it?
    Hence how a warden would destroy utility parses.
  15. Darkon Well-Known Member

He meant crushing illy/coercer parses as a warden. It was pretty clear to me when I read it.
  16. Mktavish01 Member

Well thanks for atleast a little more clarification Darkon ... But do you mean those classes ability of crowd control? And how do you parse crowd control ?
    Does Utility only refer to crowd control? The word impies more than that to me ... I guess I missed the memo if that's the case.
    But yes I know the warden has awesome crowd control capability ... mostly rooting then animal mezz and charm.
  17. Darkon Well-Known Member

Illy/coercer/dirge/troub are 'utility' classes. You don't parse cc. You can destroy the dps parses of utility classes, as a warden.

Wardens don't have any real crowd control capability outside of their ability to root, which doesn't work on epics.
  18. Mktavish01 Member

LOL ... so I was right ... you can not parse utility. However I was wrong in understanding the meaning of what Hammdaddy said. So thanks again Darkon.
    But then again ... I think I'm still unclear as to why those classes are referred to as utility.
    Is it just that there is Damage and there is Healing .. then all else falls into a 3rd class called utility.
    Because in the realm of that thinking , then Tanks are Utility. And Taunting is most definitely a crowd control ability.

Or did I miss that memo also?

But by the way Hammdaddy ... did you consider the reason your destroying utility class dmg parses ... is because they are doing utility allowing you to focus on dmg ... and therefore they do less dmg than they are capable of while you do more ... given an even 50/50 split between dmg/heal & dmg/utility
  19. Darkon Well-Known Member

I mean you can parse utility, but not as a numerical value.

They are referred to as utility because they bring more than just dps.

Each class is ranked, t1/utility/tank/healer are the archetypes.

No, 'utility' these days basically just DPS as well, occasionally they cast buffs that allow them and others to do more dps. That's about it.
  20. Mktavish01 Member