Dwarf Mystic to Defiler Betrayal

Discussion in 'Defiler' started by ARCHIVED-opteius, Sep 27, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-opteius Guest

Ok, so I have to be honest, this is my first char that I am planning to go to 70 with and I want to do it right..

I like the dwarf race alot, it seems to fit well with the mystic class, but I want to roll a defiler. Are any of the evil races comparable to dwarfs? What race iyo is the better choice for defiler?

Secondly, I am unsure how the betrayal will work, if I betray do I lose my first master II spell? I am at lvl 20, how will this affect switching to defiler from mystic?

thanks for any advice..
  2. ARCHIVED-Ecstasy Guest

This explains the betrayal process and consequences pretty well. Link

This explains the starting stats and racial trait choices for each race. Link
  3. ARCHIVED-opteius Guest

yes, ive seen both. and read them

i am asking for opinions not facts.
  4. ARCHIVED-Greggthegrmreapr Guest

Race really doesn't mean anything in this game really. At least not like it did in EQ1. If you don't want to betray start an evil character, and just use dorf illusion.
  5. ARCHIVED-knightofround Guest

From a min/max point of view, the best race for everyone is arasai. Glide, permanent safefall, +%mana pool, runspeed, pbae deaggro, well balanced stats, best starting zone in the game.

Failing that, dwarf is actually a really good choice because of the +% HP. Dark elf is a runner up with +% mana.

But as far as looks goes, half elves > all. =)
  6. ARCHIVED-Antikvist Guest

Just go with the race u want, doesnt matter at all
  7. ARCHIVED-ZionXIII Guest

Gammelsmurf@Splitpaw wrote:
    Very wise words.

I was the first Dwarf Defiler on my server way back at launch (Might have been close to the first world wide) Back when you could only betray pre-lvl17

I didn't know much about anything back then, and I just looked at a race that looked fun, and a class that I could get into. Since a Dwarf looked good, but couldn't be a defiler, well naturally I had to betray :p

Going on 3 years later it's still my main toon and I've had a blast the whole time :)